Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2005, 02:30 PM

Default Flopped Trips, Good Kicker but lots of aggression

Both villians are quite loose & passive preflop and moderately aggressive post flop (this is based on 20-30 hands so the read is some what questionable). I feel like I really played this hand poorly but I'm not sure how else I should have played it. Comments on all streets please.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, Button folds, SB calls, Hero calls.

Turn: (5 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP caps</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, SB calls, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 20 BB
Old 03-27-2005, 04:16 AM

Default Re: Flopped Trips, Good Kicker but lots of aggression

I like the flop smoothcalls, waiting for the turn to come to life..

However I would raise the turn when SB bets into me again..I don't know that MP will raise again and I'd like to give someone with a worse kicker or a flush draw/pair of 8s a chance to go to war.

If someone else caps the turn, I'll go for an overcall on the river, or if I was last to act I would not raise b/c A3 or a boat are likely opponent's holdings in that case.

Surf
Old 03-27-2005, 04:23 AM

How you play these hands will not effect your winrate greatly at poker. Concentrate on playing good poker in common situations, TP, A-h, blind play, etc.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:33 AM

i woulda bet the river and called a raise. you played it very well. one of the perfect times to slow play.
Old 03-27-2005, 05:34 AM

wow. its not about the result its about the reaosn.
Old 03-27-2005, 12:20 PM

unless MP has a 3, the stop n go might freeze himout of raising and you miss your chance, so I raise the turn. MP hopefully thinks you are just trying to push him out of the hand, and he has something worth calling.

after pulling the call then raise, and getting capped, I go to call down mode, and make a note on him if it isnt a FH or A3