Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-27-2005, 10:42 PM

Default Three hands vs. same player, Super Monday

I had no read on the first hand (the fourth of the tournament). You can make up your own minds from there on out.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t15 (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

MP1 (t985)
MP2 (t1000)
MP3 (t985)
CO (t1045)
Button (t970)
Hero (t1030)
BB (t1000)
UTG (t1000)
UTG+1 (t1000)
UTG+2 (t985)

Hand 1:
Preflop: Hero is SB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, MP3 calls t15, CO calls t15, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t60</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP3 calls t45, CO calls t45.

Flop: (t192.50) Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t100</font>, MP3 <font color="red">instacalls </font> t100, CO folds.

Turn: (t392.50) K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks.

River: (t392.50) J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t200</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to t425</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: t1017.50

Hand 2:
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (10 handed) internettexasholdem.com

SB (t1020)
BB (t370)
UTG (t2000)
UTG+1 (t1455)
UTG+2 (t1320)
Hero (t585)
MP2 (t795)
MP3 (t835)
CO (t890)
Button (t585)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img].
UTG calls t20, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t20, MP2 calls t20, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (t100) 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets t20</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero puts him on what hand and does what?</font>

Hand 3 (I did this before Gigabet posted it TYVM):

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t20 (8 handed) internettexasholdem.com

UTG+1 (t1150)
MP1 (t1375)
MP2 (t2580)
CO (t1290)
Hero (t1200)
SB (t835)
BB (t890)
UTG (t535)

Preflop: Hero is Button with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises to t75</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls t75, SB calls t55.

Flop: (t235) K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets t75</font>, Hero calls t75
Old 12-27-2005, 11:17 PM

Default Re: Three hands vs. same player, Super Monday

1-
Why no turn bet? If he likes his hand this is the time to get some money in! I'm not afraid of JT (yet).
And why not check-call the river and let him bluff? I don't see you getting paid often here save by exactly AJ/AQ which are much more rare than a lot of other crap he could have.

2-
Hero puts him on worse than middle set and raises (to 100 ish) to build the friggin pot

3-
This hand get cut off? Or did you want comments up until now? I think it's fine so long as you plan to dump it to most turn bets (and bet most turns if checked to). I don't hate a flop raise here either because things can get tricky.

Everett
Old 12-27-2005, 11:35 PM

Adanthar,

Hand 1:

You dont raise more pf here? I dont get why you didnt bet the turn? JT or 99 are best, but there are many hands you can bet against for value, right? (Any A, Q9,AQ etc)

Hand 2:

Depends if villian is semi competent and is just looking to get raised, but generally I put him on a flush draw, JT, or a janky Q, or A6/A9. I'd pop it to t110ish and obv call a push.

If I had seen aggressive tendencies out of blinds or MP, I might try an overcall.

Hand 3:

Yea, I see what you mean. I thought, "call flop, bet turn with position". I think what happen in the second hand kinda parlays into this hand though.

I would bet any non A, non Q turn.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Adanthar,

Hand 1:

You dont raise more pf here?

[/ QUOTE ]

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. I don't think it's bad to raise more but I don't think it's a big part of this hand. I mean I don't care about JT if I make it 125, but then I get to play AK OOP in a big pot a lot. It's a tradeoff you do/don't make at higher buyins.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:11 AM

[ QUOTE ]
but I don't think it's a big part of this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed. Just curious. Any explanation on the turn, though I suspect you are waiting for more replies.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:16 AM

Hand 1:

Raise more preflop with 2 limpers and AK.

Bet the turn.

Check the river with the intention of calling a reasonable bet. After you bet, call the raise on the river.
Old 12-28-2005, 12:28 AM

hand 1: i'd bet turn 100% of the time. most hands that calling the flop are calling the turn, and i want to build the pot. if he does have something like JJ/TT/QJ/QT, i don't want to give the 6-outer since he's probably not putting in much more if he does hit. i really don't see any argument for checking the turn.

on the river, i like the bet and i would call the raise. you only have to be good ~1/6 and i think you see a poorly played AJ enough to call.

i'd raise to 75 instead of 60 pre-flop, but that doesn't matter much at all.

[ QUOTE ]
2-
Hero puts him on worse than middle set and raises (to 100 ish) to build the friggin pot

3-
This hand get cut off? Or did you want comments up until now? I think it's fine so long as you plan to dump it to most turn bets (and bet most turns if checked to). I don't hate a flop raise here either because things can get tricky.

[/ QUOTE ]

all that looks good.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:01 AM

Hand 1:

1)AQ is not a factor at all because he'll almost certainly bet the turn for me.

2)If you bet the turn, and he raises, do you call? <font color="white">this is a rhetorical question, for crying out loud; rather than answering, think about it</font>

3)Having gotten to the river this way, I think it's a *clear* blocking bet vs. an unknown because a)if I'm not betting 200, I'm calling 400 and b)AJ checks behind a lot.

---

Hand 2:

To make this clearer: obviously I have the best hand and will be raising, or occasionally calling, or whatever. What is important right now is putting him on a range. I want to know your plan (whether you raise or call) on almost any turn.
Old 12-28-2005, 03:34 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Hand 1:

1)AQ is not a factor at all because he'll almost certainly bet the turn for me.

[/ QUOTE ]

um, okay, but that's one hand. villain open-limped from MP3 - AQ is not likely and all of the money is probably going in regardless of your line.

i'm more concerned with getting chips in against hands like Axs that will call bets on the turn while they're drawing almost dead but check behind.

[ QUOTE ]

2)If you bet the turn, and he raises, do you call? <font color="white">this is a rhetorical question, for crying out loud; rather than answering, think about it</font>

3)Having gotten to the river this way, I think it's a *clear* blocking bet vs. an unknown because a)if I'm not betting 200, I'm calling 400 and b)AJ checks behind a lot.

[/ QUOTE ]

agreed, but you should call the tiny raise on the end.

[ QUOTE ]

---

Hand 2:

To make this clearer: obviously I have the best hand and will be raising, or occasionally calling, or whatever. What is important right now is putting him on a range. I want to know your plan (whether you raise or call) on almost any turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

ugh. there are so many different ways the rest of the flop can develop and so many different cards that can come on the turn. why don't you give us the action for what happens after you raise (or call) the flop?
Old 12-28-2005, 03:52 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Hand 2:

[/ QUOTE ]

I'll have a much better idea of his range after he reacts to my raise. The minbet could mean so many things that I'm almost ignoring it. It could be a draw, bottom pair, bottom set, top pair weak kicker, a million things. If he or someone else calls my raise their most likely hand is a good queen (AQ-KQ, Q9/Q6/96 from the blinds) or hearts (with or without a straight draw). In any case I'm betting a nonheart turn for 250 or so, and checking behind a heart turn intending to call most rivers that I don't boat (or bet if checked to).

But all in all there's just a lot to be seen after my flop raise that it really helps to see who does what and where before trying to get too technical with ranges.

Everett