Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid-High Stakes Shorthanded

Old 12-26-2005, 01:58 AM

Default Re: Playalong JJ

Huh? I did, like 3 times. I see 3 active players and 5 folders. I couldn't give a sh!t if it's 14 handed, I was just breaking your balls.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:03 AM

The fact that it's 8 handed changes things a fair bit I just assumed it was SH, I probably still think raising is good, but I think BB's call could be slightly more rational hand here 8handed so waiting for the turn could be better.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:06 AM

Sometimes I raise flop sometimes wait for the turn, I raised the flop here because I thought I might get BB to fold overs and I wanted to find out where I was at vs UTG now rather than the turn.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero ???

At this point UTG has $54 left. Given that, should I be popping the turn to try to get rid of BB?
Old 12-26-2005, 02:07 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Huh? I did, like 3 times. I see 3 active players and 5 folders. I couldn't give a sh!t if it's 14 handed, I was just breaking your balls.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah I know, I was just pointing out that I mentioned that it was 8 handed in white in the OP [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-26-2005, 02:13 AM

Ohhhhhh, now I feel dumb.

Don't use white. It sucks cause you can't see it.
Old 12-26-2005, 02:17 AM

Given that flop action, you should just call on the turn now. BB's outs aren't that threatening when you're most likely losing to UTG's hand. Invite the BB in for a single bet and play the hand cheaply. UTG had enough money at the start of the hand where it looks like he's not overplaying just to go all in.
Old 12-26-2005, 04:46 AM

Well no one seems too interested in the turn, but I popped it and surprisingly BB insta called and UTG mucked. On to the river.

Party Poker 20/40 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG caps</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 3[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG 3-bets</font>, Hero calls, BB calls.

Turn: (10.75 BB) 8[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls, UTG folds.

River: (15.75 BB) 2[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero ??
Old 12-26-2005, 05:02 AM

Looks like an easy check, but it depends a little bit on BB of course.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:00 AM

this seems to me like the easiest check in the world. i am very interested in hearing why it might not be. maybe some think it should be "easy" to fold to a c/r, but I don't like putting myself in the position of having to make the decision for one more bet in a 17bb pot, especially when there really arent many hands he can just call with that i beat.
Old 12-26-2005, 08:30 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Well no one seems too interested in the turn, but I popped it and surprisingly BB insta called and UTG mucked. On to the river.

[/ QUOTE ]
I get to wake up to this? UTG folded??? F'in weird. Poker players are strange sometimes.

BB could very easily be playing a passive QQ-AA or looking to c/r a completed flush. I'd check behind because those combos are greater than 99, TT and the remote A7 or A8. Bet/folding into a pot this size would be insane. Bet/calling is OK, but not as good as checking behind IMO.