Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 12-20-2005, 05:53 PM

Default Re: JJ, early-mid tourney Party 20+2

I'll reply without reading further...

I think a 600 or 700 bet shows you have a decent hand and that he is playing for the rest of his stack. A push maybe induces a spite call from a weak Ace, which you are behind, or gives him a chance to get away and look to play back at you in the future.

Half his stack feels like the right line, you want his chips and aren't afraid of a reraise.
Old 12-20-2005, 09:13 PM

Awesome, I love all these responses. As I said, I pretty much took the bet big (specifically 1k, though I should have just pushed, same difference) line. I figured I was at worst on the 11 out redraw, and had a good chance to make him fold.

You're probably right MLG, I should have probably raised to 500 or something, though that seems a little strong and I didn't want him to fold PF.

I'll post result later tonight, just want to give some more people a chance to respond. The result was actually fairly surprising.
Old 12-21-2005, 12:44 AM

Ok well since I guess no one has any interest in this hand.
I bet 1k, he pushed back for 250 more or something. I guess I should have pushed, whatever, same difference.

I was surprised to see him flip over QQ, one club, and his hand is good.

I think his call/push is awful. He has to think I have a good chance of having AK or really AQ or AJ, in which case he's not getting the odds for his redraw. I guess I could also have the made flush or Kx of spades. Anyone else agree?