Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2005, 03:14 PM

Default Re: Playing Pocket 7\'s from middle position

IndianJ DOES NOT have AA.

I'd edit that to read "IndianJ PROBABLY DOES NOT have AA". Limping is with AA is fairly common with the 2/4 fish who think they are being tricky and clever.

That being said, I'm not anticipating AA and would almost certainly 3-bet this turn.

If he caps the turn, I'm feeling anxious about TT and check/call the river.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think you played it fine. Calling down after the turn raise is fine since Villian is essentially unknown. You could've thought about bet/calling the river as an alternate to checking.

[/ QUOTE ]

Out of curiosity, is there any reason to prefer this line over reraising the turn and calling down a cap? Since we lose three more bets either way, the only thing I could think of was that we may not want to bet an A or T river since those cards are very likely to kill us.

I agree that an overset is not impossible (and something we have to suspect if Villain doesn't slow down), but I think people who limp "big" hands like AA and TT also tend to limp AKs and then go nuts if they hit the flop at all.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:43 PM

I find it very hard to put indian on AA. The only hands I can put him on are A 10, 10 10, or AK/AQ. With 10 10 being highly unlikely. I happily 3 bet the turn and lead the river. You are ahead to often not to get as many bets in as possible. If indian raises the river I may think about calling but would ultimately lean towards a 3 bet.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:58 PM

I have a hard time thinking that IndianJ has AA. I sometimes limp in UTG with them hoping for a raise. But if there are others, I'll raise with them. I don't want to get sucked out by 7-2 in the BB. I also think limping in with 77 is OK considering there was one dead posted blind already. After the pre-flop betting was done, he was still getting 5-1 on his money.

MM
Old 12-13-2005, 05:08 PM

-Unlikely and impossible are not the same thing
-Not everyone plays the same as you do
Old 12-13-2005, 05:11 PM

Bison's hand converter doesn't like the word "Texas." If you remove it, the converter works, like so:

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (8 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. UTG posts a blind of $3.
UTG (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, CO calls.

Flop: (10.50 SB) 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, Button folds, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, CO calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (13.75 BB) 3[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 15.75 BB
Old 12-13-2005, 06:33 PM

Songwind: Thanks for showing me how the converter worked, I don't like Texas much either...haha.