Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Science, Math, and Philosophy

Old 12-04-2005, 08:25 AM

Default Re: Two Plus Two Forces Pope\'s Hand

[ QUOTE ]
Man aren't we so lucky to have you and your 4 bishops and 50 priests as our watchdogs.

[/ QUOTE ]

SSPX isn't the only Traditional Catholic group. If you look you will find more traditional catholic bishops and many more traditional catholic priests.

Stu
Old 12-04-2005, 10:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
But as a hint, you know that that 5 or 6 degrees of separation theory regarding the max number of relationships between any 2 people on earth.

[/ QUOTE ]

So some rice farmer in China knows a few people in between you and him [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

Doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since I have friends in the US who are native born Chinese, you shouldn't doubt it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am saying if you pick some random rice paddy farmer the 6 degree idea will not work. Too many people. the 6 degree idea sounds good, but just like religion, it can not be proven.

Just my opinion.
Old 12-04-2005, 11:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Pope John Paul II was to Catholic Popes what Ken Warren is to Poker books: you see him everywhere, and his writings are full of crap.

[/ QUOTE ]

Though I couldn't disagree with you more, this statement made me laugh out loud.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:32 PM

This is true. Any sincere Catholic can sense that there is something strange going on in the Church these days, and an educated one can see the contradictions and the crisis for what it is.

BluffTHIS is trying to avoid the actual controversial issues of modernism by claiming "McCarthyism" and making attacks on one group such as the SSPX.

Of course, following his reasoning, he would have condemned St. Athanasius as well. That was a situation where only 5 bishops in the entire Catholic Church maintained the Faith against the rest of the Arian bishops and a weak Pope who "excommunicated" Athanasius.