Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Oahu, Hawaii Vacation?

[ QUOTE ]
Jared,
you guys going to be around for Xmas? we fly in on the 24th and leave on the 4th. Gotta get the boy used to Kaneohe being "home" and San Mateo being "the place we're currently living".

[/ QUOTE ]

I will be there from 24 - 3. beers @ magoos? or surf session?
Old 11-28-2005, 11:22 PM

Default Re: Oahu, Hawaii Vacation?

Sadly no. This will be the first year in three that we won't be heading "home" for christmas. I'm not sure how she did it, but my wife has got me referring to the windward side as home so maybe she could give you some tips. I've also managed to feel homesick despite never living there.

We'll be in Oregon with my family. We actually might be heading down to San Francisco but will more likely head up to Seattle for a weekend after her Christmas break starts.

Closest I'm going to get before summer is eating local food. Yesterday we went to a Japanese grocery store that in addition to a lot of Japanese stuff had all the standard local stuff, most of it sent in from Hawai'i. Started with a couple manapua and then had kalua pig with poi and rice with furikake on the side. It was damn good. When I go back to Oregon in a couple weeks we're having lao laos and portugeese bean soup.