Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments

Old 11-23-2005, 03:41 AM

Default EMPIRE $1000 *TURBO* DAILY GUARANTEED - REPORT

yo, i just totally won this tournament as you can see from this screenshot:

it was pretty intense! early on in the tournament i got dealt JJ and figured i would just move in. 2 sets of AK both called me, and BLAMMO, i laid waste to them both. i was OFF AND RUNNING at this point! (yet still had a long way to go!)

then i basically just cruised.. was always above average stack. few key hands: had QQ .. a few guys limped in and i raised it up big.. they all folded but i ended up taking the blinds, not to mention sending a message that i "don't play that". then i got a little over-zealous with an A7o, and ended up getting called by AK. i don't know why he would choose to call off his whole tourney at that point with just ace high, but the poker gods punished him for his stupidity, delivering a 7 on the flop and keeping the rest of the board clean! everyone at this point started to fear me, they knew i was hittin'. this made it easier to take the blinds later when they escalated to a gross proportion (few min. later).

soon it was final table time. i had already made a few bucks (literally) JUST BY MAKING THE FINAL TABLE, but i wanted more. as you guys know i like to play for 1st, baby. still i wasn't too reckless. i had a little above avg. stack but man, the blinds were huge! i had to pick a hand and roll with it. luckily they put me on the button for the first hand of the final table. on my 2nd hand of the final table i got AJo, and decided to move ALL IN for ALL OF MY CHIPS. i basically did this to put the big blind to a decision for ALL OF HIS CHIPS. he called me with some kind of trash hand like 7 high or something.. i slammed an ace on his sorry ass and sent him packing.

this one dude, the big stack at the table, then began to bust mofos out one buy one (he even busted 2 guys on the same hand once!). next thing i knew it was down to 3 handed! at this point i was GUARANTEED to make at least $114.97 for a decent return on my investment of $6. still, i yearned for more than such a paltry sum.

i was just about to tell you guys how i busted our 2nd place finisher, but i seriously forgot.. oh well. i still remember the final hand!

first hand of HU... i have about 150k to his 50k, blinds 15/30k though.. i was on the button with the small blind and got dealt the K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. at that moment i decided to put the man to a decision for ALL HIS CHIPS. i moved ALL IN at this point. he called.. with K [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] (what a joke! "LOL") and the dealer burned and laid out a flop of:

A [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]5 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]

at this point i was thinking.. well to be honest, empire deals out the cards so fast i didn't have time to think of anything. i was just frantically IMing diablo to inform him of the situation. i was so busy doing so that i failed to immediately notice that the dealer had put the turn card down .. it was.. the 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]!

unbelievable! my opponent was now drawing VERY SLIM. in fact his only chance was if the river came a 3 for the chop! he had 2 outs to split the pot, otherwise i was going to become the champion of the EMPIRE $1000 *TURBO* DAILY GUARANTEED TOURNAMENT!!!

here comes the river..

it was..

the 9 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]!!!

I HAD DONE IT! unreal! i said i was playing for 1st baby and i meant it! and here i am in the winner's circle. i took home an unprecedented $295.76 for my hard work. keep in mind this was only a 5 DOLLAR TOURNAMENT!

i just wanted to post this tourney report to let everyone know that although you might run bad sometimes, just tough it out. play your game... and eventually you will rise to the top (if you are good enough! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img])

keep it up guys!

- [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
Old 11-23-2005, 03:46 AM

Default Re: EMPIRE $1000 *TURBO* DAILY GUARANTEED - REPORT

Whoa, the cat is out of the bag. Now your opponents will know that they are not actually playing the former world champion. However, they will know they are playing a two-time WPT money winner - perhaps an even more intimidating challenge.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:07 AM

Great tourney report...I would like to hear about the celebration a little more. Personally I would have gone with the JV "yesssssss" fist pump. Cant believe that guy called off all his chips with KT offsuit, glad u burned him for it
Old 11-23-2005, 04:14 AM

i noticed you didn't yell "pass the sugah!" at any point. i just don't feel you're ready for the big boys yet.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:15 PM

How would you compare the quality of play in Empire speed tourneys vs. Party speed tourneys?
Old 11-23-2005, 02:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
How would you compare the quality of play in Empire speed tourneys vs. Party speed tourneys?

[/ QUOTE ]

great question! well, obviously because i won ("LOL" [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]) i would say the play is much worse on empire. keep in mind i also once made the final table of a PARTY speed tourney, so i am pretty qualified to make that statement.

i notice the players on empire are more willing to go broke on mediocre hands like AK and KT, whereas on party usually people will want to start off with at least a pair in the pocket.

basically, if you are a pretty solid poker player like me, your best bet is on empire, although you should have little trouble dispatching the retards on either site.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:23 PM

I started laughing when I saw this thread, and it didn't disappoint. Nice report.
Old 11-23-2005, 02:24 PM

POTY.