Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2005, 03:28 PM

Default Inducing a bluff raise? Needless spewing?

Here's a common situation that I know is difficult. Maybe you can help me.

It's 5/10 6m online. I'm stuck and looking it. My main opponent SB plays 50%+ and goes in for FPS occasionally (I don't know how often, but I've seen him go off). He also has some sense and can make some decent/cagey post flop plays.

I open raise QQ utg and am called by the blinds. Flop 976 rainbow is checked to me, I bet and they call. Turn A completes rainbow. Checked to me and I bet and SB check-raises and I call. River is a blank. He checks and I check behind (I would have called a bet).

My thoughts: I don't think I can give a free card and I don't think I can fold on the turn, as I can redraw against 2 pairs. I think that my opponent gets out of line occasionally and puts me to the test actually mitigates towards making it a bet, but I'm open to other views.
Old 11-20-2005, 03:52 PM

Default Re: Inducing a bluff raise? Needless spewing?

These are situations that you often find yourself in when you're running bad and observant players take notice of it and start taking shots at you, especially if they have run you down earlier in the session.

At those times, I like a turn check and see if it induces a river bluff. But since you bet I have no problem with your play given your description of the villian.

Sometimes the best decision here is to change tables.