Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2005, 05:52 PM

Default Re: QQ on ugly board

c/push
Old 11-11-2005, 05:52 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Actually he bet $1200 and I just called that, with no plan yet for the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont get it
Old 11-11-2005, 05:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
JT8, after he limped and called my raise? he could have two pair, and if he has one pair he folds. with the stack sizes and pot sizes as they are it seems awkward

[/ QUOTE ]

who says he's folding 1 pair? he's a short buyin. maybe he'll put you on ak or something trying to semibluff.

also, i doubt the 8 pair hit his 2 pair hand, is he limp/calling j8 or t8 and calling pot sized bet? not unless he thought his hand was good.

i push the turn for a few reasons; 1, you're probably ahead but dont know what rivers make his hand. 2, if you're behind, such as to JT, you wont be paid off if you hit 4str8 or board pairs below. 3, if he's on pure bluff, if you call, then check river, how often is he going to put it in dead? maybe 50/100 they do it more often then my and similar (Smaller) stakes, but they shut down on the turn call unless they can beat overpair.

and i hate the idea of check-calling and folding unimporved, when you dont have effective odds to improve, and for that matter, dont know what improves you!
Old 11-12-2005, 03:19 PM

okay, guess you guys are right about the turn c/r, at the time i must have been gunshy because i just lost a big pot. also on this board if i c/r he might call with his marginal hand because it could have a lot of outs which is good, more value for me.