Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-03-2005, 01:38 AM

Default I think I normally go off for 7 bets here.

But I'm trying to tone it down. Button is like 20/5/1, utg+1 is like 40/10/1.

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (9 handed) internettexasholdem.com

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with K[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 8[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. CO posts a blind of $30.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Hero calls, CO (poster) checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds, UTG+1 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG+1 checks, Hero checks, planning to fold to a turn bet from button or raise a river bet from UTG+1
Old 11-03-2005, 02:01 AM

Default Re: I think I normally go off for 7 bets here.

is there any chance button calls flop with A5/A6? There's also 78 thats possible
Old 11-03-2005, 03:30 AM

I agree with the poster above me. I bet the turn. These monkeys can call you with a worse King, A5 or A6 straigt draw, a medium pocket pair etc. If the button raises I fold 100% of the time to an overcall by the blind. Otherwise I fold about 80% of the time. If I'm called on the turn I check call river heads up. What do you think of that?

Brian R
Old 11-03-2005, 03:33 AM

If I bet the turn, I would feel good about folding to a raise from the Button. He either has a draw or a monster. If I just check to him and he bets, I don't know which he has.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:55 AM

[ QUOTE ]
If I bet the turn, I would feel good about folding to a raise from the Button. He either has a draw or a monster. If I just check to him and he bets, I don't know which he has.

[/ QUOTE ]

you bet the turn for precisely this reason. If he has a draw you have to make him pay, if he has a monster you can get out for 1BB. If he's an expert making a two street bluff representing a monster than good for him. Bet the turn, fold a raise from button