Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em

Old 10-26-2005, 06:41 PM

Default AA hand

How is this with AA? 2.4 NL 400 stacks each, no reads.

I am BB.

2 limps to CO, who makes it $12. I make it $32 with AcAs. Only the CO calls.

flop comes T45 rainbow

I bet $50, he makes it $100. I call

turn 2, completing rainbow. I check, he bets $70, I make it $140, he makes it $210.

Should I fold here? I just pushed it in figuring there was an equal chance of TT JJ QQ KK all if which will call.
Old 10-26-2005, 06:57 PM

Default Re: AA hand

Without reads i tend to take the weak way out from the turn throughout, and that is to not 2-bet the turn but to call it down. What you are doing is getting value from a hand such as AT, JJ, QQ or 67(when it miss, he might make you some bluffingmoney you might not make if you raise) when they might else fold if i raise, and saving me money when they got that dreadfull TT.
With reads pointing towards the fact that they could make this play with JJ, QQ, KK, or 67 i would push and get the money in.

What this leads to is that you keep the pot small on the river when you are out of position. Lets say you call his 3-bet on the turn, you check/block him on the river and he moves in?

Hmm, considering your line, i'd call and block bet the river, folding to a raise.

Fake edit: The more times i read my post, the more wrong it seems... kinda .. weak? Hmm.. Is the play to get the money in zealously; figuring to make more money off JJ,QQ,KK than what you lose to TT?
I think it is.. shove it in!

Someone straighten me out!
Old 10-26-2005, 07:00 PM

yo, check mini-raises are probably the worst move ever
Old 10-27-2005, 06:25 AM

Is anybody else thinking monster after his min-raise of a min-raise...I'm thinking 1010 here but I think you could be ahead here enough times, and win enough money, to push it in. You need to push now, so that JJ-KK calls before a card falls on the river to kill your action.

But i really feel a set here.

Min-raises are bad, don't do those anymore.

My two cents.
Old 10-27-2005, 06:49 AM

Villain probably has TT here.

However, its cheaper to find out if you call the flop minraise, and lead the turn. Villains should traditionally get a little passive without TT, and minraise again with TT.

As played, you should probably fold the turn 3-bet, but theres a whole lot of money in there and he *could* have KK.
Old 10-27-2005, 07:13 AM

I get in these spots pretty often and almost always call the flop min-raise, but afterwords I regret that most of the time. So I think fold directly to the flop min-raise is not superidiotic and I actually do that once in a while.