Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2005, 05:49 AM

Default QQ rivers quads

Not of the good variety either. Opponent in this hand is nothing special, your typical 30/60 regular. I've definately been jamming and overplaying in usual fashion. Good river bet?

Party Poker 30/60 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, MP2 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (12.50 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises</font>, CO folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG folds, MP2 calls.

Turn: (9.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP2 calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets . .
Old 10-25-2005, 06:04 AM

Default Re: QQ rivers quads

I don't like this river bet. He likely has a smaller pocket pair than yours, with a chance of a big Ace. He will fold the former, and raise with the latter, so I don't understand why you would want to bet here.
Old 10-25-2005, 06:11 AM

will he fold a king to a bet? I doubt it. So I don't like it. What hands will he call with that you beat? TT or JJ? He has a lot of ways of holding an Ace.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:05 AM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

worse hands fold
better hands call
you could get bluff raised

how could a bet possibly be right?

I like a check to induce a bluff. I think that works a lot better than encouraging a bluff raise (is that what you're doing). I know you have him read pretty dead for a smaller pair but I think he just folds most of the time
Old 10-25-2005, 09:31 AM

This seems like a really easy check and call. People will bet 99 here all the time thinking "hmmm I bet I might be able to get that guy to fold his counterfeited pocket pair." Plus, he might actually have A7 and if he raises I don't think you can fold, can you?
Old 10-25-2005, 10:20 AM

bad river bet. you're getting called by a K and raised by an A. the only hand you can beat that calls you on the river..wait there's not a hand you can beat that will call you on the river. check here.
Old 10-25-2005, 03:41 PM

I dunno, it was one of those "I know he's got a lower pocket pair, but I bet he's got me read for a lower pocket pair too" type hands. I wanted to check and call, but didn't really feel this guy was going to bluff very often, but I'd have to pay off anyways. Anyways, I bet, he called, and showed JJ. Dumb hand I guess, too read dependant.