Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: ?!?!
Ahh just push it! 15 38.46%
Fold 24 61.54%
Voters: 39. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-24-2005, 09:40 PM

Default Re: MTT Forum Leaderboard/Big Score Sticky Thread

It would, invariably end up only being on the honor system as the process of collecting scores would be downright exhausting. My only idea in the past was to begin collecting big scores for MTT regulars in a 'shout out' section of a monthly newsletter. The players PM a mod and tell them, the mod confirms and and gives them their just deserts. I think if we ever were to do this, creating a 2+2 TLB challenge for a week would be fun, put a side pot of betting and have different bets you could enter, highest score (in TLB), best overall finish, etc, etc. You could invariably get 20-30 people to participate and could turn into an all out bonanza at the end. This would be simple by excluding the contest just to PS and alerting Lee to send TLB points for given accounts to one person or possibly just having the people send their own scores to one person. I would be willing to act as a liazon to this and would likely not participate due to school. I will likely type something up and post it.
~Justin
Old 10-24-2005, 09:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It would, invariably end up only being on the honor system as the process of collecting scores would be downright exhausting. My only idea in the past was to begin collecting big scores for MTT regulars in a 'shout out' section of a monthly newsletter. The players PM a mod and tell them, the mod confirms and and gives them their just deserts. I think if we ever were to do this, creating a 2+2 TLB challenge for a week would be fun, put a side pot of betting and have different bets you could enter, highest score (in TLB), best overall finish, etc, etc. You could invariably get 20-30 people to participate and could turn into an all out bonanza at the end. This would be simple by excluding the contest just to PS and alerting Lee to send TLB points for given accounts to one person or possibly just having the people send their own scores to one person. I would be willing to act as a liazon to this and would likely not participate due to school. I will likely type something up and post it.
~Justin

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a great idea.
Old 10-24-2005, 09:44 PM

Typing something up now as well as adding a donation factor to the picture for hurricance victims.
~Justin
Old 10-24-2005, 10:21 PM

This looks good, but I had imagined something broader, i.e. not just stars. The idea I was settling on was to limit it to 25 or so specified major tournaments across the different sites, with a straightforward point system based on percentile finish and tournament size, that could be pretty quickly calculated. My guess is that it would only take an hour or two a week to tally up results. All I would need to do is know the screen names of the posters on the given site, copy the results pages into a spreadsheet and filter it.

If Jurollo/other mods are ok with it, I'll still go ahead and write it up in a couple weeks. No reason we can't do both.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:22 PM

I think your idea is great as well. But I have run with mine and will have it start next week. With an added donation aspect to it.
~Justin
Old 10-24-2005, 10:27 PM

Do you plan on doing this every week or is it just a one-time thing. I wish I could get involved but I won't be on Stars by then.
Old 10-24-2005, 10:29 PM

Depending on the success of the first run here this week I might do another one. I def wont be doing it EVERY week though.
~Justin
Old 10-24-2005, 10:34 PM

Cool... if there's another I'll definitely be in. I like the donation aspect.

Depending on how things seem to be going, I would be up for putting some work into something broader for 2006.