Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Mid- and High-Stakes Hold'em

Old 10-12-2005, 03:48 AM

Default CP 30/60 hands

Just got back from Canturbury, second time I've played live. I'm not very good at it but getting alot better I think. Here are a couple hands:

1:

I've been raising a lot preflop, i'm looking pretty loose and aggressive. Directly to my left is some blonde white guy who says he plays very high limits live. I think his name is Chris. He's pretty aggressive and a pretty good player. The SB is loose, passive, and pretty much sucks.

I raise preflop with KJs in the CO. Button 3bets, BB calls, I call. The flop is T97. BB checks, I check, button bets, BB calls, I checkraise, both call. Turn is a blank and I bet.

The very next hand I pick up QT in the hijack. (in the last hand, the button did not see my hand but I know he held a big ace. I open and the CO (same villan from last hand) 3bets, the same loose player calls in the SB, and I call. The flop is T77 rainbow. SB checks, I check, he bets, SB calls, I checkraise. He 3bets. SB folds. I pause for about 10 seconds trying to figure out a line. I settle on 4betting, calling a 5bet, and leading most turns. I 4bet. he calls.

The turn is a offsuit jack. I bet. He says "since you thought so long on the flop, let's raise the turn". he raises. Easy calldown?

Third hand: 4 handed. Villan in this hand is a young aggressive player. I think he plays decent. I've been openraising a lot and I just showed down 96o from a raise on the button. Villan looks ike he's about to muck, so I raise J3s UTG. I then realize he hasn't even looked at his cards. Oops, I'm not very good at live. He looks then 3bets. I call.

Flop is 348, 2 hearts. I checkraise.

Turn is a 9 of hearts. I bet, he raises. I'm pretty sure that he would 3bet a flush draw on the flop, and I don't really expect him to have much of a hand here. I 3bet instantly, planning to bet the river for value as well. He thinks for about 10 seconds and calls. I am disgusted and change my mind and decide to checkfold all non 3 or jack rivers.

How'd I do? I'm pretty bad at live.