Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2005, 04:17 PM

Default Should big overpairs be folded after the flop....

on really dry boards? I play the 55s right now and have pretty much made a point of not folding KK or AA unless the board is extremely scary(JQ8, for example).

Let me give a more realistic example though:

Level 1 and 2 players limp in from EMP. You raise to 75 with KK or AA and both call(also what if just one calls?). Flop comes something along the lines of T63r. It's checked aorund to you and you bet out 2/3 the pot and are raised. Are you usually jamming in this spot?

I know I would probably be better off just not folding my big overpairs because you need to gather chips and there's still a good chance that you have the best hand. Thoughts on this?
Old 09-30-2005, 04:22 PM

Default Re: Should big overpairs be folded after the flop....

I'm jamming very quickly on any and all of your examples.
Old 09-30-2005, 04:32 PM

Default Re: Should big overpairs be folded after the flop....

I get my chips in the middle as fast as possible. Villian flips up a set and I say "nh, sir" and start up a new SnG. It happens too often (in my opinion), but other times they flip up TPTK or some other complete garbage.

My 8th, 9th, 10th place finishes total about 11% consistently and my ITM and ROI is very respectable in the 20+2s so I just continue to play them this way.

I just can't possibly see how it would be correct to fold them with that much dead money in the pot.

I wish I could just read my opponents hands all the time. Then I'd really know what to do. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

-------------Jeff