Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits

Old 08-01-2005, 07:34 PM

Default QQ, Good or Bad Laydown

I didn't have a lot of hands with either (10-12). Button had played only 1 hand preflop which he folded on the flop. BB played about 2/3 of the hands with no aggression. Without any real reads, I'm assuming these are your typical Party fish. I didn't see how I could be ahead of both and it didn't look I could get to a showdown cheap. The only hand I can beat is JJ, I'm way behind TT, KK or AA and going to split with QQ. I'm assumming this is a standard fold but I would like some confirmation and reasoning for continuing if people disagree. Thanks.

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is SB with Q[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB caps</font>, MP1 folds, MP2 calls, MP3 folds, Button calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (18 SB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, MP2 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, MP2 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero folds, BB calls.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:41 PM

Default Re: QQ, Good or Bad Laydown

There's nothing wrong with that fold if these guys are your typical passive players. If they were maniacs, I'd be inclined to show my hand down.

If you fold here and your opponents show down crap hands, write a note so you don't fold next time they behave this way. Or at least, so you think about a broader range of potential hands for them before you make your decision.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:46 PM

You are getting 9 to 1 on your money with a big overpair. I would say the other hands are either trips two pair or AA KK. Maybe JJ. If such you need to hit your set to make it worthwile. I would say the odds are against you. So I would of folded too.

Actually judging by preflop action I would say that two pair is out of the question. You are either behind to an Overpair to yours or Trips.

However some people might of check called to the river.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-01-2005, 07:51 PM

Looks good. Folding to the double bet is very reasonable.