Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-26-2005, 08:41 PM

Default Turn play -call down or fold?

Both of these hands occured against relative newcomers to the table, so my query concerns whether it would be standard to call down or fold against a turn raise from an unknown in such situations.
For the pocket 9s hand I would also be interested to hear how much of a difference it would make to your decision if the overcard were a K,Q or J rather than an Ace.
For the A7s hand I was wondering whether you would be more or less likely to call down/fold if the board were less co-ordinated.
Comments on all streets would also be welcome. Thanks.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP3 calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) 4[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img], 5[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, Hero?

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is BB with A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], 7[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, SB completes, Hero checks.

Flop: (4 SB) A[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], 4[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, SB folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, Hero?
Old 07-26-2005, 08:52 PM

Default Re: Turn play -call down or fold?

Can't wait for replys [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] Should be interesting.

99 hand
I fold this, Unless hes a maniac because raising someone who PFR and then bets the Ace is quite a move.(but i have done this before, and made KK/QQ folds which i BLUFFED) but ill stand by my fold [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

A7 hand
AA/QQ out of the question i think. 44 Possibly, But he'd probably Cap. AQo/Ajo are possibilitys but preflop raise? Hmm Maybe not.

I'd either:
Call, Fold to a river bet UI.
Fold now, Due to weak kicker and so much aggression.

I pick the latter.
Old 07-26-2005, 09:41 PM

Is hand 1 missing a player somewhere? 3-handed, it's more likely than 2-handed that I'm behind. I tend a bit more to believe that I'm behind since the overcard is an ace, rather than k,q, or j. So many micro players are playing any ace. However, (assuming we're) 3-handed is not 4-handed, and the card he raised also put 2 cards to a flush on board. MP3 could be raising as a semi-bluff.

Edited due to my apparent inability to read a board... I fold.

Hand 2 is the kind of hand I often have trouble folding. Rationally, though, on the turn I'm behind to 44, A4, AQ, QQ, dead to KT, and behind Ax where x&gt;7. I think I want to fold this here. Pot is not so huge that I can't lay this down.
Old 07-26-2005, 10:05 PM

Hand #1: i'd let go assuming a straightforward "like any Ace" kinda player.

Hand #2: impossible to comment without some sort of read. would he raise AJ/Q preflop? what about betting flush draws like K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]? my best guess is QJs. and in that case you have 8 outs to improve to a better 2 pair or trips, so i'll call.