Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2005, 04:33 PM

Default Kinda funny story from work (semi-long...sorry)

So I work at one of the University Unions buildings at the school I just graduated from. It's a great job, usually I do things for about an hour and then read twoplustwo and bullshit for the other 7. I really don't know why I work there anymore, its not leading me anywhere and I make 5-times as much per hour playing poker but regardless I am. So last Saturday night, I had to work a 3rd shift. 3rd shifts are even easier and often times I prefer to work them because no one is there and there is nothing to do so I can play poker online for the entire shift. Usually I grab a few sodas from the gift shop and then start 6-tabling in my boss' office. Using that office is standard for my position when she is not there. Now, its Saturday night and my boss doesn't work on weekends and won't be there until Monday (today). Keep in mind these two things. My boss is brand new, just started working there last wednesday. In addition, my boss is a woman who has is now working a job that has been occupied in the past mostly by men. Also most of her subordinates are men. So far, I have had no problem with her and she seems really nice. Now, of course all of us multitablers run into the same problem after drinking a few sodas while doing our work. Of course, as usual, I use the empty pop bottles that I just drank out of to urinate in. The problem is that, being quite tired after working until 7am, I LEAVE THE URINE FILLED BOTTLES IN HER OFFICE!!! After she comes into work, she finds them under her desk and is completely disgusted. She tells her superiors and there is this big ruckus because they think that someone is pulling a prank on her and there are all these allegations of sexual discrimination and harassment because afterall she is a woman working amongst all these men who they all believed may take exception to that fact. Anyways, when I come in this afternoon, everyone has gone crazy. So I of course immediately explain the situation, that I meant no harm and I just didn't want to leave the computer. She is relieved and actually is quite cool about it. She said it is kinda disgusting that I am using her office as a bathroom but it's alright, just don't do it again. She asked if I missed and got any outside the bottle and I said "Of course not." I wasn't fired or disciplined. Now my new boss thinks I am a total weirdo but ehhhh, that's okay.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:35 PM

Default Re: Kinda funny story from work (semi-long...sorry)

Try hitting the return key once in awhile.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:36 PM

lol, I cant believe you weren't fired.
Old 05-09-2005, 04:38 PM

I definitely give you respect for owning up to it. I'm also glad my boss was out of the office because this was a good laugh [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2005, 04:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try hitting the return key once in awhile.

[/ QUOTE ]

i see posts like that and immediately think "this better be worth it"...
Old 05-09-2005, 04:49 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I definitely give you respect for owning up to it. I'm also glad my boss was out of the office because this was a good laugh

[/ QUOTE ]
There were about 25 people that this could have been blamed on had it been a prank. I came in to work and everyone was already going crazy about whoever did this was such a prick because of sexual harassment, and how mean it was because she was so new. Things were really getting out of control very quickly. It needed an explanation. I was happiest her feelings weren't hurt after I told me story.She actually chuckled. She seems really nice and I am sad that part of her day was ruined because she thought someone might be this mean to her this quickly.
Old 05-09-2005, 08:56 PM

You're right...that is KINDA funny. [img]/images/graemlins/crazy.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2005, 09:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
So I work at one of the University Unions buildings at the school I just graduated from. It's a great job, usually I do things for about an hour and then read twoplustwo and bullshit for the other 7. I really don't know why I work there anymore, its not leading me anywhere and I make 5-times as much per hour playing poker but regardless I am. So last Saturday night, I had to work a 3rd shift. 3rd shifts are even easier and often times I prefer to work them because no one is there and there is nothing to do so I can play poker online for the entire shift. Usually I grab a few sodas from the gift shop and then start 6-tabling in my boss' office. Using that office is standard for my position when she is not there. Now, its Saturday night and my boss doesn't work on weekends and won't be there until Monday (today). Keep in mind these two things. My boss is brand new, just started working there last wednesday. In addition, my boss is a woman who has is now working a job that has been occupied in the past mostly by men. Also most of her subordinates are men. So far, I have had no problem with her and she seems really nice. Now, of course all of us multitablers run into the same problem after drinking a few sodas while doing our work. Of course, as usual, I use the empty pop bottles that I just drank out of to urinate in. The problem is that, being quite tired after working until 7am, I BELIEVE EVERYTHING IN THIS STORY UP UNTIL THIS PART--> I LEAVE THE URINE FILLED BOTTLES IN HER OFFICE!!! After she comes into work, she finds them under her desk and is completely disgusted. She tells her superiors and there is this big ruckus because they think that someone is pulling a prank on her and there are all these allegations of sexual discrimination and harassment because afterall she is a woman working amongst all these men who they all believed may take exception to that fact. Anyways, when I come in this afternoon, everyone has gone crazy. So I of course immediately explain the situation, that I meant no harm and I just didn't want to leave the computer. She is relieved and actually is quite cool about it. She said it is kinda disgusting that I am using her office as a bathroom but it's alright, just don't do it again. She asked if I missed and got any outside the bottle and I said "Of course not." I wasn't fired or disciplined. Now my new boss thinks I am a total weirdo but ehhhh, that's okay.

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 05-09-2005, 09:06 PM

i believe it, i leave crap where i shouldnt all the time.

but why not just go to the bathroom? let those fuckers wait.
Old 05-09-2005, 09:16 PM

wtg.