Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Beginners Questions
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-06-2005, 04:20 PM

Default Re: Studying

[ QUOTE ]
For the pros or people in general that play tens of thousands of hands a month: how much time do you spend per week studying? Do you just reread books? Do you have any sort of rotation or schedule? Any tips or advice or strategy that you would like to give would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

Books are good, but some are more valuable than others. The best way to make use of books is not to just read and reread them, but to talk about them with others who have read them and discuss the value of the advice and examples the book offers. I think looking back on your own play at the end of a session is a lot more helpful for intermediate and advanced players than reading books, however. Someone a few weeks ago said you should post one hand per day to the forum of your choice to have other 2+2er's analyze it. I wholeheartedly agree. You will get a lot of helpful information from the better posters on 2+2. Just make sure you understand why they suggest the things they suggest.
Old 05-06-2005, 04:26 PM

Default Re: Studying

[ QUOTE ]
For the pros or people in general that play tens of thousands of hands a month: how much time do you spend per week studying? Do you just reread books? Do you have any sort of rotation or schedule? Any tips or advice or strategy that you would like to give would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

I spend 0 hours a week studying books. I have read almost all of the pertinent ones, and I read these forums a lot while I play.
-James