Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Two Plus Two > ISOP

Old 01-11-2005, 05:41 AM

Default Re: Suggestions

[ QUOTE ]
What would you like to see (or not see) in the ISOP?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think T Shirts, hats, etc. would be a good idea to spread the word. Send them out to all the participants or sell them via some online media. Sites could also take advantage of this and get their logo on the shirts for their individual event.

I think it's a no brainer from a marketing stand point.

-Ryan
Old 01-11-2005, 06:03 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i REALLY like this Sheriff, but i know i will be vetoed.

[/ QUOTE ]

Granny

Its a pity that this is the case. Given the amounts involved I can see all the events which allow deals to be made being decided this way. The money is just too big for your average internet satellite qualifier to want to risk missing out on.

A bigger problem might be the response on the sites where deals aren't allowed. I'm sure that people will try and work out ways to do them anyway and it only takes one broken promise or accusation of chip dumping/collusion for the whole thing to get dragged into the mud, which might not be good for ISOP.

Either that, or someone will whinge that they lost out because they weren't allowed to deal on Site A but would have been allowed to do so in the same event on Site B.

Sad maybe, but I fear its an inevitability! If there's no way of reaching a common stance then I think, at the very least, the individual site's policy on deals needs to be made clear before the event.

Sheriff
Old 01-11-2005, 09:23 AM

i dont see whats wrong with chops. Tournys are for the players not for the spectators.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:16 AM

For all us who also like "exotic" games, too, how about making these things more like a series or tournies each month culminating in the big one. Like the week before the 1k buy in have a nightly 200-500 buy in even. At all of the big B&M events I have heard of, they have a bunch of smaller tournies leading up to them. I know that there are logistic reasons that make that more appealing at land based tournies, but this could give the feel of a major event and placate those of us who would also like to play in some other types of tournies.
Old 01-11-2005, 11:17 AM

[ QUOTE ]
i dont see whats wrong with chops. Tournys are for the players not for the spectators.

[/ QUOTE ]

Who said anything about this being for the spectators' benefit? My point is that, as these tournaments are falling under the 'ISOP' banner, the rules on deals should be consistent across all of them. Some sites do not allow deals to be struck in their tournaments and are unlikely to be able to handle being forced to do so for one event. Therefore, the only consistent rule which could realistically be applied is a no deal policy.

The whole point of this suggestion is to ensure players know the score, as the issue of deals is bound to come up at each event. Knowing what the decision is in advance of the tournament is a policy for the benefit of the players, not the railbirds.

Sheriff
Old 01-11-2005, 12:39 PM

Preventing deals with such a large amount of money at stake does seem to be in the best interest of the players. A consistent method for arranging and overseeing the deal making process would be welcome though.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:28 PM

Sheriff and Tyler,

I agree with you guys, and see a priority list that goes something like this:
1) Deals allowed at all sites, fully assisted by management.
2) Deals are not allowed at all sites.
3) Deals are allowed at the sites' discretion, but must be posted clearly.
4) Deals are allowed at the sites' discretion, and nobody knows if you can or not until it's tried.

Once the lineup is finalized, and I have the ears of the TDs at each site, I'll get to work on this. I'll start of course pushing for #1, but that may or may not fly. However, I'm optimistic I can at least get #2.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:30 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Like the week before the 1k buy in have a nightly 200-500 buy in even. At all of the big B&M events I have heard of, they have a bunch of smaller tournies leading up to them. I know that there are logistic reasons that make that more appealing at land based tournies, but this could give the feel of a major event and placate those of us who would also like to play in some other types of tournies.

[/ QUOTE ]

If/when we expand games next year, this is one format we'll consider.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:31 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I think T Shirts, hats, etc. would be a good idea to spread the word. Send them out to all the participants or sell them via some online media. Sites could also take advantage of this and get their logo on the shirts for their individual event.

I think it's a no brainer from a marketing stand point.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with you, and this is actually something we're getting the ball rolling on. I really like your idea of unique apparell for each event.
Old 01-11-2005, 01:37 PM

[ QUOTE ]
While the unavailability of your prefered screen name may not be a big thing I see that there are certain deposit limits. At least these will prevent someone from buyin directly so he got to play the satellites. For me personally that could be a "no-go" criteria as I am not going to open an account and deposit the maximum amount (like 600$ or something) and still have not guaranteed my participation.

[/ QUOTE ]

I can say with almost 100% certainty that the sites are not going to allow their deposit limits to interfere with direct buy-ins. There may be a moderate inconvenience (like having to deposit $600 then $400) but I can't see them putting obstacles in their own way.

[ QUOTE ]
Why the hell nobody bought isop.com, installed up a registration software, get some 10,000 players to register (should be easy for 2+2) and THEN approach the sites? Your force would have multiplied... even without a centralizied cashier.

[/ QUOTE ]

Since we already have 21k+ registered users here, plus a similar number of lurkers, we didn't deem that necessary.