Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments

Old 07-19-2005, 06:36 AM

Default Interesting BB Hand...

Well im in the BB with J2s get about 3 callers I check and see the flop. flop is 286 rainbow checks around and then the turn is a 2. I lead out and bet maybe half the pot and 1 folds then a guy reraises all in and has me covered. not many reads on him except hes pretty loose. what do you do here?
Old 07-19-2005, 06:38 AM

Default Re: Interesting BB Hand...

You are missing some details.

Buy in amount.
Blinds.
Positions and stack size of players involved.
Reads on any of the players.
Number of players at the table.

Disregarding all of that important info, you should probably call.

[Edit]

On a side note, what was interesting about that hand? In fact, in my own play, I haven't seen an intersting hand for a few dozen tournaments.
Old 07-19-2005, 06:42 AM

How many players are left and what are the blinds?? How many chips do you have??? That information is critical in answering your question.

From the tone of your post it sounds like it was early, and I'd err on the side of folding. You say he's loose, so you may be folding the best hand to him, but you don't really have enough to call of all your chips with. Unless he's been pushing in recklessly a LOT you can't call here if it's still early.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:38 AM

well unfortunatly I didnt think much before I made my decision. 5 of us were left. Blinds were starting to get big. I had an average stack. I saw him push a few hands when the board paired. I ended up calling and he turns over K,2o. I still dont get how people play this crap from ep. It was a $10 buy in home game with some people I didnt know. They all love to talk like theyre the next WSOP winner. anyways after I thought about it last time a second king hit the board he went all in and turned over a K.
Old 07-19-2005, 07:57 AM

Meh, it happens. You will get shown the best hand tons of times, and you'll need to suck out. Doesn't change the fact that you probably can't fold this hand profitably.
Old 07-19-2005, 01:36 PM

Yea. I was just seeing if there was a way to gey away from this hand at all. I dont really think I can fold here. Id have to have a real strong read. I lose most of my cash in the BB anyway with hands like that. Well thanks for the replys guys.