Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Brick and Mortar
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-19-2005, 03:31 PM

Default Re: How petty....Super Nit

Very bad idea for the manager to overrule his floor people in minor disputes like this. In a major dispute or if the floor was blatantly wrong, the manager should make the correct ruling. But in situations like this, he should've supported the prior ruling regardless of what the official rule is.
Old 12-19-2005, 04:49 PM

Location: seattle!!!__ too sunny to be in a cardroom....ahhh, one more hand

[ QUOTE ]
Very bad idea for the manager to overrule his floor people in minor disputes like this. In a major dispute or if the floor was blatantly wrong, the manager should make the correct ruling. But in situations like this, he should've supported the prior ruling regardless of what the official rule is.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree.

I couldn't hear what was being said when he got everyone involved, so I don't really know how it got to that point.

b
Old 12-19-2005, 08:35 PM

I also agree changing the decision was bad. Basically they allowed a jerkoff super-nit to continue to argue his petty point until he got a floorman that would rule in his favor.

In many cases, the floor should simply "back up the dealer" or the other floor, or whatever. If events cannot be precisely determined by me, but the dealer appears very confident of what happened, I will usually back them up and go with their judgement. A typical example would be when I am called to make a decision on a string raise, and the dealer is quite certain that a string raise did in fact occur, but the player is arguing, so the floor is called.

al