Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Books and Publications
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-03-2005, 09:47 AM

Default In The Mind Of The Poker Pro DVD Limit Hold\'Em

Has anyone seen this instructional featuring Sklansky, Todd Brunson and Mike Matusow?

http://www.wedoitallvegas.com/Limit-...-Poker-DVD.asp

If so would I be able to apply any of the information to my regular $10-20 game or does it just cover the glaring obvious?

Any review would be helpful.

Li.
Old 10-03-2005, 09:52 AM

Default Re: In The Mind Of The Poker Pro DVD Limit Hold\'Em

I saw this when it was on Comcast on-demand for free (not totally free since I pay for the cable obviously). Anyway, just buy the 2+2 books.
Old 10-03-2005, 10:26 AM

Saw it at a friend's house - looked rather basic, nothing you probably don't know already. You said Sklansky was on the commentary? I'm sure you can pickup the info from a 2+2 book.
Old 10-03-2005, 06:43 PM

Default DO NOT BUY THESE, THEY SUCK!

i'd bet this is spam, but incase it is not, the DVD's really suck anyways and NO ONE should waste their money on them.
Old 10-03-2005, 07:40 PM

Is there any point in the DVD where Sklansky says "Do you see why? I'll let others elaborate." If so, I'd buy it just to see that part.
Old 10-04-2005, 05:27 AM

Default Re: DO NOT BUY THESE, THEY SUCK!

OK, now can you tell me why they suck. Which points didn't they address for you or are you just venting because of your own incapabilities.

I did enjoy and learn from a video Sklansky publushed in 1994 where he covered alot of different key points. I'm a visual kinda guy.

Li.
Old 10-04-2005, 12:24 PM

They sucked because they are basically infomertials for an online pokerroom affiliated with the producers of the DVD. There is no useful content and everything is very poorly structured.

Further, the host asks terrible questions and useless uninformative answers are given by the pros. Sklansky constantly looks as if he wants to kill himself for having to be apart of the DVD. This is especailly true when observing him listening to Brunson and MM chirp away.

There is NO value in these DVD's! Honestly, the money would be better spent if you wiped your ass with the bills because you wouldn't be forced to waste so much of your prescious life's time.

If for some reason you still want to purchase this, i'll sell you three DVD's from the series for 10 bucks and, i can assure you, each of them have only been watched once. I have the "NL tournament DVD", "Online DVD", and "Limit Holdem DVD".
Old 10-04-2005, 07:20 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Further, the host asks terrible questions and useless uninformative answers are given by the pros. Sklansky constantly looks as if he wants to kill himself for having to be apart of the DVD. This is especailly true when observing him listening to Brunson and MM chirp away.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's very funny watching both Sklansky and Brunson try to resist the urge to choke Matusow. The host is a comeplete goofball, the sample poker hands suck, the commentary is shallow etc etc.
Old 10-04-2005, 09:10 PM

[ QUOTE ]
It's very funny watching both Sklansky and Brunson try to resist the urge to choke Matusow.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hell, that'd be worth ten bucks alone.
Old 10-05-2005, 04:51 AM

Well thanks for the reply Zygote. Helpful answer.
I'll think i'll stick with the books right now but it amazes me why there isn't a quality production covering limit hold em concepts.

I think if it was done in the brilliant way Phil Gordon produced his Final Table Poker DVD there'd be a huge market for it.

I have heard Howard Lederer has a Limit DVD out but haven't heard as much as a whisper on that one.

Cheers,
Li.