Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Shorthanded
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 06:38 PM

Default Re: HUSH Moderator

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
i put this out there when i first became moderator. i seem to remember getting plenty of responses demanding to know who i was, why i was on such a power trip, defending free speech etc.

there were a few people who wanted the forum to be exlusively strategy posts but they were far from a majority.

id be much more inclined to get rid of these things if the offenders werent often regular strategy posters, with lots of posts to their credit.

[/ QUOTE ]

This forum gets so much traffic and the LC/NC posts end up getting more attention than the should so the good posts end up falling off the main page. Another thing is that newer posters see the more frequent posters making these posts and that leads the new posters to thinking that they can make such posts too.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a really good point. So many "wow guys, this game is nuts!" threads start up.

Another add-on to this problem is that new posters not in the "in" crowd get completely ignored, even if they bring up some good questions or make some great points. Guilty by association. I don't start threads for this very reason. They're a waste of my time.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Who cares what some people like? We are here to discuss poker strategy-- if it is not about poker strategy it should be deleted.

[/ QUOTE ]

i haven't seen this much passion out of you since we were talking about your lab experiments at MIT.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Another add-on to this problem is that new posters not in the "in" crowd get completely ignored

[/ QUOTE ]

This, unfortunately, is definitely an issue, and the biggest argument for a LHUSH and HHUSH split. The easiest way to get into the "in" crowd is to reply to others posts first, then once people have seen you around, start posting yours - you kind of have to pay your dues.

Surf
Old 09-12-2005, 07:03 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Another add-on to this problem is that new posters not in the "in" crowd get completely ignored

[/ QUOTE ]

This, unfortunately, is definitely an issue, and the biggest argument for a LHUSH and HHUSH split. The easiest way to get into the "in" crowd is to reply to others posts first, then once people have seen you around, start posting yours - you kind of have to pay your dues.

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

lets just effing split the forums already [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 09-12-2005, 07:09 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Surf

[/ QUOTE ]

Just to make myself clear, I didn't mean to whine about newbies posts being ignored. I think it's completely justified with the saturation of pointless newbie posts. Starting threads is a waste of my time for two reasons: 1. they won't get any attention, but more importantly 2. There's likely more value in reading other posts and replying to other threads than waiting for responses to a "was this defense justified?" thread of my own.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:47 PM

Location: duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem (mets are 9-13, currently on a 1 game winning streak)

I find it pretty stupid that we don't have multiple moderators here like the other high volume boards. nothing against robk, but he is one man and doesn't even post here that much. we should get someone like me, entity, pokerbob, alobar, surfbullet, etc that read the board everyday and can clean stuff up
Old 09-12-2005, 07:50 PM

i imagine there'll be new mods when the forum splits.
Old 09-12-2005, 07:53 PM

i love LC
Old 09-12-2005, 08:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i imagine there'll be new mods when the forum splits.

[/ QUOTE ]
In the year 2012 [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

Seriously, we need some moderation of this forum due to its size.
Old 09-12-2005, 09:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I find it pretty stupid that we don't have multiple moderators here like the other high volume boards. nothing against robk, but he is one man and doesn't even post here that much. we should get someone like me, entity, pokerbob, alobar, surfbullet, etc that read the board everyday and can clean stuff up

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be happy to be a mod if that's cool with everyone here, and if so I'd be happy to take the regular posters' opinions into account.

Surf