Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-07-2003, 04:04 PM

Default If you weren\'t in the tournament, why were you involved?

friend of yours?
Old 04-07-2003, 04:12 PM

Default 1 more thing- all of the negative EV people, a question

I saw several posts (may have been same person, wasn't paying attention) saying that Miros lost EV by nixing the deal.

No one has said anything about the quality of the other 3 players. Was Miros' advantage greater than his chip position would indicate? Did he have a virtual freeroll?
Old 04-07-2003, 05:40 PM

Default Re: Today\'s most hated Net player

If you go in with the premise that elimination of risk has value then the player with the last word on a deal has the most say. Most of the time it will be the clear big stack, as it was in this case, but that is not a given. Put Bill Gates as one of the short stacks demanding $6000(instead of $5300) and if he is the one holding up the deal then the other three still recieve value by doing the deal by splitting the cost of his premium. If you will not take a single dead-even bet putting 5300 to 6050 then you should take the deal, although I have problems here since I would not take the deal at this price, but I'm not taking single bets over $5000. I'm trying to work this conflict of values out within myself.

abc2000 T26K- fair risk of $1K loss, assuming Max/Donald bust each other. He had more to risk in range than anyone else- could finish from 1st place to 4th place depending on how the cards played out if there was no deal. Probably should have tried to push for the deal more?

He has a very high return if a deal is done, he should be the dealmaker here. Trying to lower the cost and chipping in money to get it done. Chip leader has $80K, he has $26K and they recieve the same prize??? Stop holding your breath and get the deal done. You took on alot of risk here.

Maxx T9K: $4550 expected return. Too close to Donald's 7K to assume he'd squeak into 3rd.

I'm not looking at the numbers, but at the time I thought Maxx's chances were much better than donald's. If I remember right He could make it through two full sets of blinds and donald couldn't make three. Also maxx is much tighter than donald. Anything close to a fair number he should take, mostly because he is getting a fair cash deal as oppossed to a token deal.

Miros T88K- slight possibility of $1K loss, if the remaining players gang up on him; this was mostly a freeroll except for goodwill costs

Making a deal has a few hundred value, but he is the linchpin here, so he could have squeezed a few hundred out of this, with a little chat soft-sell. IMO

donald T7K: Risking $4550 to win another $750 in expected return doesn't seem like the greatest decision in the world.

donald plays $30-60 Hold'em at PokerStars, he is not taking much the worst of it on principles. If Miros ask for $900, $300 from each of the other three players, donald would most likely find this palatable.

Unless this is already covered, ONE of the two baby stacks should have countered with.... $750-800 to miros.

I find that this is the range where a deal could have been done.

I think Miros, while making a smart, if aggravating move, misplayed the hand. He just cost himself goodwill for no financial gain.

I think the money was Rac's idea, a good one, but Miros really wasn't concerned with playing it out.

Did he have something against one of the short stacks? I'll have to check this thread later.

From what I understand there had been a deal earlier and someone other than miros had killed it.. So this might have been some of it.

MS Sunshine
Old 04-07-2003, 05:53 PM

Default Re: I don\'t know, Glenn..

"Of course, racounter's participation smacks of collusion-type interference (oversimplifying, but you get my point), if miros originally didn't think of profiting. "

Welcome to internet poker, no such thing as one player to a hand.

MS Sunshine
Old 04-01-2004, 05:59 PM

Default Re: EV calculations of an odd nature

[ QUOTE ]
You know very cheap hookers and apparantly can't tell the dealer is really selling you sugar In seriousness I agree completely with Jimbo. No one has to take any deal. It is perfectly honorable to just play the tourney. The dog crapping on the lawn is a much greater angle shoot.

Rick

[/ QUOTE ]

You are absolutely correct.
Old 04-01-2004, 06:20 PM

I admire the wherewithall realize his situation and knowingly extort the 4th place stack. However, I doubt he is that smart, because he let the situation get played out. That is incredibly dumb.

He would make a great arch criminal. Batman 4?
Old 04-01-2004, 09:04 PM

IF I had been on Miros place I'd have proposed I get all the cash and all the seats and all the other players can eat s*** and die. I'm sure that's what they would deserve after trying to beat me in a poker game.
Old 04-01-2004, 09:36 PM

When was this tournanment and will they have any more like it?
Old 04-01-2004, 09:57 PM

Just thought I would add my two cents.

[ QUOTE ]
He had NOTHING TO GAIN by the terms of the original deal, therefore he countered it.

[/ QUOTE ]

He also had nothing to gain by NOT taking the deal. There is no way he was going to make more by playing on. Refusing the deal was NOT acting in his own interest. In fact it was against his interest as there was a tiny (but non-zero) chance that he could end up with nothing.

My view is that this action is like that of a judge or politician asking for a bribe for doing something that he whould be doing anyway. It was just plain mean.

Just my view.
Old 04-01-2004, 10:01 PM

No, he wasn't. This is an special situation in which 3rd place is the BEST prize. I would have DEMANDED more.