Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-08-2005, 04:01 AM

Default Re: ggban has had 37 drinks...now what?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
sublime is totally spot on here

i keep wanting to type something up but i think everyone else is thinking the exact same thing.

[/ QUOTE ]

He could still be mature for his age but immature enough to do this. I don't really disagree with sublime though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wait, wait, theres an actual disagreement? How did I miss it? [img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It was basically just deadmoney.

[/ QUOTE ]

i think they (his personal friends) took my observations as an attack on his character, when it wasn't at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Given what you know about this situation, i don't feel your comments about me in this thread have been out of line. I can tell you that typically, i am pretty unselfish person even though my actions here were nothing consistent with that. My friends know me well enough to know this, and that is all they are trying to say here.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
wanst there a love fest in midhigh about how mature this kid is for his age?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

[/ QUOTE ]

Any comments of that nature are based things i say in regards to poker for the most part. I would like to think i handle myself well in other walks of life as well, but none of this changes the fact that i am 18 and will [censored] up from time to time. I can tell you that i learn pretty well from my mistakes, so don't expect the next dumb thing i do to be related to being this trashed. That said, i will still probably do some incredibly stupid things over the next few years, i just dont know what yet.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:09 AM

It isn't like Gabe was the only person who was amazingly sloppy drunk in Vegas this weekend. I'm not sure that this was as much of a gross crime against humanity as much a case of bad timing.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
wanst there a love fest in midhigh about how mature this kid is for his age?
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah

[/ QUOTE ]

Any comments of that nature are based things i say in regards to poker for the most part. I would like to think i handle myself well in other walks of life as well, but none of this changes the fact that i am 18 and will [censored] up from time to time. I can tell you that i learn pretty well from my mistakes, so don't expect the next dumb thing i do to be related to being this trashed. That said, i will still probably do some incredibly stupid things over the next few years, i just dont know what yet.

[/ QUOTE ]

what, did you quit college in the past 24 hours? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 04:31 AM

lol, doesnt mean i cant keep it a little more in check than this.
Old 11-08-2005, 06:59 AM

Default Re: Also...

i also knew i was not in serious danger of having alcohal poisoning, i hadn't even puked.

FYI, esp. if you drank a lot in the home stretch, even if you are fine at the moment you can pass out, absorb more alcohol into your body, and have alcohol poisoning.

You can definitely have alcohol poisoning without throwing up.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:02 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Yeah, he's a pussy, not leaving his friend behind.

[/ QUOTE ]

Friend? This is only the second time he's met the guy.

[/ QUOTE ]

It doesn't say that in the OP. I guess I missed that post.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes you did.

[/ QUOTE ]

I missed that too.

I thought they were friends, not acquaintances. Oh well. Glad to see the kid made it home ok.

But I still stand by my assertation that if this were a friend of mine I would not just leave them. I'd book the hotel room for another night and make them pay for it and my drinks.

But I have a strict definition of friend.

Oh, and Mr Trik, (if that's in fact your real name) you really should learn to wipe your own ass. [img]/images/graemlins/blush.gif[/img]
Old 11-08-2005, 10:23 AM

i also knew i was not in serious danger of having alcohal poisoning, i hadn't even puked. Obviously i can see how Brian would be very concerned and would not believe that i was going to be ok, but i knew i didn't have to make myself vomit or anything.

my friend said that to me the night he turned 21, right before he went to bed, and the last time I ever spoke with him.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:26 AM

I am very sorry to hear what happened to your friend. Rest assured that i have taken away a good deal from the experience and won't be getting this messed up again.
Old 11-08-2005, 10:33 AM

[ QUOTE ]
I am very sorry to hear what happened to your friend. Rest assured that i have taken away a good deal from the experience and won't be getting this messed up again.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's fine to get drunk and have a good time, just try not be the person that thinks that they are invincible.