Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-12-2005, 01:04 AM

Default Strange set line

400nl on party. Villan in hand has about 400 and I cover. I must say I dont have much of a read at all, too many things open. Anyways, I have 44 in sb. Co makes it 8, I call, BB makes it 34, I call for an extra 26. My guess is he has AA or KK , maaybe QQ because geenrally thats the only hands party players will reraise out of the blinds.

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check, he pots it for 73. Good chance that KK wont fold if he has K of [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. AA def. wont fold. I call.

turn is the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I push for 293 into 218 pot. Comments?
Old 10-12-2005, 06:09 PM

Default Re: Strange set line

No thoughts? This is a bit different, wondering if anyone likes, or hates?
Old 10-12-2005, 07:07 PM

I don't like the push because, based upon your read, the most reasonable second-best hand that might chase you (KK with one [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]) is going to fold to your push on the turn.** And AA is obviously not going to fold.

** do you have anything akin to a LAG image at the table? I doubt it, but if you did, then the push ain't so bad...
Old 10-12-2005, 07:21 PM

[ QUOTE ]
400nl on party. Villan in hand has about 400 and I cover. I must say I dont have much of a read at all, too many things open. Anyways, I have 44 in sb. Co makes it 8, I call, BB makes it 34, I call for an extra 26. My guess is he has AA or KK , maaybe QQ because geenrally thats the only hands party players will reraise out of the blinds.

Flop comes A [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 4 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] 6 [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. I check, he pots it for 73. Good chance that KK wont fold if he has K of [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]. AA def. wont fold. I call.

turn is the 5 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]. I push for 293 into 218 pot. Comments?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you think that KK with Kd will call all in on the flop and yo are willing to play for your stack, then why not check raise the flop all in?

The way you played it, AA is calling (as he wouldve on the flop) but KK is folding but may have called all in on the flop.

Seems to me that you made it easy for him to not make a mistake.
Old 10-12-2005, 10:05 PM

The biggest problem with this line is that AK (another likely holding)...the action will freeze up like whoa on the turn if another diamond falls (but gladly call allin on flop).