Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Internet Gambling > Internet Gambling
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-01-2005, 03:37 AM

Default Anyone use one of these?

Belkin Numeric Keyboard

Basically the decimal button doesnt work on the right side of the traditional keyboard on most sites, and of course I think it's a massive hassle to move my hand around so much, I want something compact to smash out bet amounts. Thing is though maybe the decimal on here is the same, anyone use one of these? Goofy, I know.
Old 10-01-2005, 03:40 AM

Default Re: Anyone use one of these?

this actually looks like it might be an extremely efficient way to setup one of those multitabling macro scripts. if youre an 8tabler, you can assign each one of your 8 windows to a different number on the keyboard and then have 3 buttons on the keyboard represent "raise, call and fold". maybe ill actually but this it seems very practical.
Old 10-01-2005, 04:53 AM

Do they make a wireless one, I wonder? With a wireless one of these and a macro script, you could kick back in the lazy-boy and play with your thumbs like a video game controller. Of course, I guess you could just use a game controller for the same thing, given enough buttons and such.
Old 10-01-2005, 01:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do they make a wireless one, I wonder?

[/ QUOTE ]

This is wireless

Macro's suck though... you'll always have that occational hitting the wrong key and do something you don't want to do. And don't even bother trying to use a macro if you play NL...
Old 10-01-2005, 01:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Do they make a wireless one, I wonder? With a wireless one of these and a macro script, you could kick back in the lazy-boy and play with your thumbs like a video game controller. Of course, I guess you could just use a game controller for the same thing, given enough buttons and such.

[/ QUOTE ]

Check this thread. Down in the thread guy talks about using a ps2 controller and how he programmed it.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:25 PM

You can use macros for NL and still type in the bet amounts. I wrote and used macros for NL SNGs and never had any accuracy problems with them. You could either use a button to fold, call, push, or manually type a bet amount. The problem was that keeping my hands on the keyboard was more of a strain than keeping a hand on the mouse.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:35 PM

[ QUOTE ]
You can use macros for NL and still type in the bet amounts. I wrote and used macros for NL SNGs and never had any accuracy problems with them. You could either use a button to fold, call, push, or manually type a bet amount. The problem was that keeping my hands on the keyboard was more of a strain than keeping a hand on the mouse.

[/ QUOTE ]

I just used a script already written, slow played a nut flush perfectly, went in for the kill on the river, went to type in my bet amount and one of the numbers I typed was also my "fold" key [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 10-01-2005, 02:49 PM

I have the same pad. Mine says Targus instead of Belkin, but it's exactly the same one. I use it for enter bet amounts in NL. The decimal works exactly the same as it does on a regular keyboard. I can't imagine why it wouldn't work on a poker site, unless they don't allow fractional bets.

Edit to add: I have a separate PC for poker, so I rarely use the main keyboard. I use wireless mouse and this keypad. This allows me to keep the keypad to the right of the mouse and have a very large mousing area, with minimal hand movement to get from the mouse to the pad. Works great.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:58 PM

</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
this actually looks like it might be an extremely efficient way to setup one of those multitabling macro scripts. if youre an 8tabler, you can assign each one of your 8 windows to a different number on the keyboard and then have 3 buttons on the keyboard represent "raise, call and fold". maybe ill actually but this it seems very practical.

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't you use a gamepad like all the other cool kids TStone?
Old 10-01-2005, 04:49 PM

no i dont mmb, im still on this ancient device called a mouse.

benholio, i dont recommmend you use wireless for multitabling. ive had wireless devices in the past and sometimes the connection trips and it misses a key or stroke. if that happens while youre multabling you might try to switch tables to fold a hand and instead it misses the table switch and folds your boat on a different hand.