Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 10:43 AM

Default Re: Brian Billick is bush league

take the Colts and the over next time, of course that would be the play anyway
Old 09-12-2005, 10:45 AM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

What's the big deal? I do this sort of thing in Madden all the time.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:48 AM

[ QUOTE ]
take the Colts and the over next time, of course that would be the play anyway

[/ QUOTE ]

I did take the Colts. I'm just surprised that when Dungy called his dogs off, Billick decided he hadn't had enough.

BTW, from earlier in the thread...

Anthony Wright is a 7-year vet, and has also played for Pittsburgh and Dallas in his career. I was wrong about playing last year, as he had been injured most of the year. In 2003, however, he started the final 7 games of the regular season for the Ravens. Included in that season was leading the Ravens on the biggest comeback in franchise history, overcoming a 41-24 2nd half deficit to win the game 44-41 in OT against Seattle.

So yeah, he's played. If it was a rookie or something, then MAYBE. This guy's been around.
Old 09-12-2005, 10:55 AM

Do Billick and Dungy have some personal grudge against each other, aside from Billick's charming arrogance? I don't remember there being anything when they were in Minnesota. I do find it a bit interesting how the master offensive genius that put together the 1998 Vikings offense ended up with the best defense in football while the master defensive genius that put together the old awesome defense of the early-90's Vikings went on to coach one of the most prolific offenses in the league.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:00 AM

What's the problem? You play to win the game. No one's calling Manning's shot into the end zone bush, nor should they. If the coach wants to play it out, that's his perrogative.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
What's the problem? You play to win the game. No one's calling Manning's shot into the end zone bush, nor should they. If the coach wants to play it out, that's his perrogative.

[/ QUOTE ]

Manning took that shot BECAUSE Billick decided he hadn't had enough of an ass-whipping. Notice that they took a knee on first and second downs with a 24-0 lead and less than 2 minutes left.

If Peyton, Dungy and the Colts had wanted to keep going, its fairly obvious they could have, since they moved the ball VERY well in the whole second half. When a team is trying to get you out of there without running it up, it seems the classy move to accept your obvious defeat and move on.

Yes, its definitely Billick's prerogative, but it would've been just as bad if Peyton had been running the no-huddle to try and go up 31-0. I would've been right there calling them on it too. This wasn't playing to win the game, that would have been the greatest 2-minute comeback in the history of sports, anywhere, ever. This was being a little punk and not taking the beating by the better team with their heads held high.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:12 AM

Get your facts straight before making stupid arguments. Anthony Wright did not take a snap last year.
Old 09-12-2005, 11:23 AM

[ QUOTE ]

Anybody notice the look on Peyton's face as he left the field after going deep (and almost hitting Marvin) at the end? Show some class, Mr. Billick.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was obviously mad that Billick's timeouts caused a delay in his post-game gay butt sex
Old 09-12-2005, 11:31 AM

What, exactly, are you so angry about? It's just not a big deal.
Old 09-12-2005, 04:24 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Get your facts straight before making stupid arguments. Anthony Wright did not take a snap last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try reading the entire thread before making a totally retarded post. Its like 3 posts up from yours. Smart one.

And anyway, my point was that Anthony Wright isn't a "new" QB. That was obvious to anybody.

You lose.