Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2005, 06:00 PM

Default Re: Moss to be traded

"but its DAMN close"

I really disagree. Heck, coming into this season TO wasn't even in the discussion, clearly behind Harrison and Holt. TO is a great player for his generation. Moss is an all-time great who totally changes the game.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:01 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I would have much rather seen him come to the Jets for John "my knee has a boo-boo" Abraham.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well that was a much better deal for the Vikes, don't you think? They've got to get a difference maker on defense along with the draft pick. I don't think Harris fits the bill.

[/ QUOTE ]

Harris definitely doesnt fit the bill. Udeze and Abraham would have been some pash rush for the Vikes next year. Now they are banking on draft picks.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:01 PM

I'll believe it when I see it on VikingUpdate or when the deal is done and it's the top story on every ESPN show, although I don't think I'll be watching ESPN until Monday now that [censored] golf is bumping ATH and PTI until then.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:02 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Minneapolis Star Tribune has reported that Randy Moss is going to be traded to the Oakland Raiders for LB Napoleon Harris, the 7th overall pick in this year's draft, and a lower round pick.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's a sick joke.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:02 PM

How bout cnnsi:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...oss/index.html
Old 02-23-2005, 06:03 PM

Location: Hurricanes, animal corpses and your potential new tattoo have a lot in common. Think about it.

[ QUOTE ]
"but its DAMN close"

I really disagree. Heck, coming into this season TO wasn't even in the discussion, clearly behind Harrison and Holt. TO is a great player for his generation. Moss is an all-time great who totally changes the game.

[/ QUOTE ]

Behind Holt? I don't believe that was ever the case. And I don't see how coming into this season is relevant. This season did happen and TO is certainly in the discussion now.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:03 PM

You're probably right Clark, and maybe its just after seeing how much TO changed a team around and how he performed so consistently well in every game until he was hurt, then the way he came back in the Super Bowl.

Harrison is a great posession receiver, with deceptive speed to get past a corner - best route runner in the league. Holt is great, but isn't anywhere near TO.

I'd probably put it at Moss, TO, Harrison, and Holt, in that order.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]
If the Vikes really are trading Randy away, they must feel pretty good with Marcus Robinson, Kelly Campbell, and Nate Burleson, but you just can't replace a guy like Randy...

[/ QUOTE ]
The Vikes receiving corps is among the best in the league even without Randy and I believe they'd still be at or near the top even without him next year. That said, he completely changes the game and that's a helluva something to give up.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:05 PM

Trades can't be made official until March 2. Until then, we'll all just have to wait and see...

ADDED: Its the top story on espn.com now, and breaking news on cbs.sportsline.com.
Old 02-23-2005, 06:07 PM

[ QUOTE ]
The Vikes receiving corps is among the best in the league even without Randy and I believe they'd still be at or near the top even without him next year. That said, he completely changes the game and that's a helluva something to give up.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a Vikes fan, but that really overstates the quality of the Vikings receivers. In addition, remember Randy won't be there getting double teamed to draw coverage away from Burleson et al.