Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-24-2005, 01:59 AM

Default Re: Bellagio 15/30 A3s

[ QUOTE ]
Well I dunno then. I mean for a 2+2'er, A5o UTG is an easy fold, but not so for a first time player. A close decision for one could be an easy one for another. In your hand I would bet, while it wouldn't be an instant decision, I wouldn't be concerned that I was coming down on the wrong side either. So for me it is an easy bet.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a proponent of thinking and not making mistakes.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:01 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well I dunno then. I mean for a 2+2'er, A5o UTG is an easy fold, but not so for a first time player. A close decision for one could be an easy one for another. In your hand I would bet, while it wouldn't be an instant decision, I wouldn't be concerned that I was coming down on the wrong side either. So for me it is an easy bet.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really surprised you think this is close at all. Once you call the turn raise he's less likely to bluff if he's tricky, but I don't c/r and fold to 3-bet against LAGs, and I don't check-call with 2pr, and I want 2 bets to go in on this river at most.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:02 AM

thank you.

-SmileyEH
Old 08-24-2005, 02:05 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm really surprised you think this is close at all. Once you call the turn raise he's less likely to bluff if he's tricky, but I don't c/r and fold to 3-bet against LAGs, and I don't check-call with 2pr, and I want 2 bets to go in on this river at most.

[/ QUOTE ]

The BB doesn't influence your actions at all?
Old 08-24-2005, 02:10 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The BB doesn't influence your actions at all?

[/ QUOTE ]

Not enough to alter my plans much. If it goes bet-raise-3bet I fold, but that's about it. I don't think you're getting raised all that often on this river anyway.

Rob
Old 08-24-2005, 02:14 AM

hi jason

you must bet here jason.
Old 08-24-2005, 02:31 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Looks like an easy bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree very strongly.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why don't you try to make an argument for anything other than betting and calling a raise?
Old 08-24-2005, 03:40 AM

What kind of player is the BB? For some reason this looks like a poorly played KJ on his part. Or maybe I just dont think on the bright side. I think you should probably bet and call a raise. If its 2 more back to you, easy fold. You wouldnt want this to be checked through.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:59 AM

[ QUOTE ]
CO is a tricky lag...when it comes back to u on the turn you are getting 8.5:1 on a call. If u think u have 5 good outs, dont see a problem w/ it. CO could have lots of things, BBs CC is intresting. But then again, on that board is the A a full 3 outs?

As far as the river, bet. My first reaction was CR but that is not a good card to try and CR on.

[/ QUOTE ]

I misread the turn action on my earlier post. Your call here is not a mistake if you think you have 5 clean outs. You hit one of your outs, so why wouldn't you bet it? If you thought an A on the river is tainted, why did you call the turn?