Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-22-2005, 01:44 AM

Default Re: RESULTS (from the mouth of the villian)

this is easily your best post ever.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:09 AM

hey i'm heading off to bed and thus too lazy to read most of the analysis...

one thing i have to say and want to see what people thought... the whole time i thought while watching this hand... damn ari just shove the turn. his bet is either a flush draw pricing himself in or a marginal hand testing the waters 85% of the time IMO. just calling the turn makes it far less credible you have him beat when you shove th eriver and you give him much better odds.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
BTW/ what do you think ari should buy w/ the money? maybe i should make a poll...

[/ QUOTE ]

lololololol
Old 11-22-2005, 02:53 AM

[ QUOTE ]
actually dont hate the way john played the hand, i just think the analysis in aggie's post was pretty lame.
he totally bashed AZK and gave him no credit, calling him reckless

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually i never bashed anybody or called anybody reckless. I just didn't like Ari's play in this hand. And i never claimed to be a poker authority. I was just offering my opinion. I strive to make my critisism constructive and i'm sorry if you were offended "Flawless Victory"

[ QUOTE ]
that BS about him being tight but playing some "wierd holdings" like 67s... WTF IS THAT? i thought he was supposed to be really good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Um i believe the way John described Ari (without seeing the thread) and the way Ari described how he had been playing were almost EXACTLY the same. Seems to me like John had been paying attention.

[ QUOTE ]
im sure ari is looking back on this hand thinking gee, i better try to be less reckless next time... acting on a read that this guy is weak and moving in, thats just stupid!
more like, next time im involved w/ some middle aged nit who limp/calls JJ UTG in a donked out game, then proceeds to make tiny underbets on an extremely draw heavy board of all unders hanging a neon light over his head reading I AM WEAK, id be happy to steal that 5K pot again! thx!
BTW/ what do you think ari should buy w/ the money? maybe i should make a poll...

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm sure you had a nice time writing this but it's all pretty much nonsense. And bashing the play of a guy you've never seen play before is pretty dumb. The move Ari made against John in this case is probably -EV (it may very well be +EV against others).

Looking at one pot and trying to decide what you want to do with the money you won from it is pretty f'in retarded. But i'm pretty sure you know that Flawless? John may have made a mistake betting $1000 on the end and probably made a bigger mistake folding on the river. But as i've said numerous times, John is very good at sniffing out bluffs and making big calls. John would have called ME with the exact same action on this hand which is why i would not make this bluff against him.

I do agree with the Duck that the better play would have been to shove in on the turn when John wasn't getting such a good price.

I hope everything is cleared up now!
Old 11-22-2005, 02:56 AM

Ok, hold on. Is aggie the same person as John or not? I am confused.
Old 11-22-2005, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]
Ok, hold on. Is aggie the same person as John or not?

[/ QUOTE ]

nope
Old 11-22-2005, 11:16 AM

I agree making a poll about the money is stupid. clearly he should blow it all on strippers and coke hanging out in nyc.
Old 11-22-2005, 12:25 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I agree making a poll about the money is stupid. clearly he should blow it all on strippers and coke hanging out in nyc.

[/ QUOTE ]

coke is so 80s. isn't e the new coke?
Old 11-22-2005, 12:32 PM

o just what id love to see, a bunch of male 2+2ers high on e

sausagefest at foxwoods

and duck
Old 11-22-2005, 12:47 PM

the 80s is back, members only jackets and everything. someone hasn't been to any hipster bars in williamsburg recently!