Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-15-2005, 11:02 AM

Default Flopped two pair - too aggressive?

Just sat down at this table. Only read I have is on MP1, who is a rock.

The converter didn't quite work right; I posted in the cutoff.

I could be convinced that I misplayed every street postflop. Comments appreciated.

PokerRoom 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter

Preflop: Hero is CO with 9[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, Hero checks, Button calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], T[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(8 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, SB folds, BB folds, UTG calls, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Turn: (12 BB) 5[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, UTG folds, MP1 calls, Hero calls.

River: (17 BB) 9[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
MP1 checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, Button calls.

Final Pot: 25 BB
Old 04-15-2005, 11:07 AM

Default Re: Flopped two pair - too aggressive?

I think I just call the 3bet on the flop, and call a turn bet, since you'd have odds to call to your 4-outer. On the river, I think the check/raise is good here. I probably don't check/raise the river enough because of how much it'd make me cry to have it checked through. Definitely cap. The only hand you lose to is 99, and if he has that, so be it. It looks like villain has a straight and is going to be rather mad at you.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:11 AM

I play this exactly the same way you did.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:13 AM

That flop has "wait till turn" written all over it. Any J, 8, K, or [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] makes your hand questionable.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:25 AM

[ QUOTE ]

That flop has "wait till turn" written all over it. Any J, 8, K, or [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] makes your hand questionable.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially with 8 people. Virtually the same as an example in SSH that i read last night which recommended this
Old 04-15-2005, 11:13 AM

I think I call the flop and lead a non-scary turn rather than capping. That flop just has too many draws and you're not forcing anyone out with a cap, and you don't even have top two here.

River is standard. QQ would definitely raise preflop, so the only hand you might lose to is TT. I think you're ahead of T9 or a flopped straight more often.
Old 04-15-2005, 11:17 AM

I say well done. There was enough aggression from UTG &amp; Button to carry this out. You had to really like that river.

Button with KJ give you a "nh"?