Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > One-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2005, 05:50 PM

Default A9o push Q.

Hello,

This is a Party $11. I've just moved from Stars and I'm getting killed at the Party $11s. I think it's because the players are looser about calling all-in, but I'm not sure. Anyway, I have no real reason to wonder about this push, but I thought I'd ask anyway.

I have pushed about 4 times in the past 2 orbits, always with a premium hand, but haven't been called or shown down a hand. Does my bad table image plus the fact that it's A9 and I have almost 6xbb mean I should fold this. My feeling is that it's too much hand to pass up here.

Button and SB are timid-they'll want a decent pair or an Ace bigger than mine to call. BB is somewhat looser but not insane. I think he might call with a weak ace, I'm not sure about something like QJs.

7-handed. Blinds are 75/150.

UTG(253), UTG+1(700), and MP(1855) all fold. I'm in the CO w/A[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]9[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] and 830. Behind are Button(922), SB(425), and BB(3015).

An easy push here?

Edit: Forgot to include my stack size.