Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-11-2005, 10:47 AM

Default Re: ps 5/10 deepstacked. Fire again? Turn action?

flush yes, set, i probably don't bet all in. Hmm.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:21 AM

[ QUOTE ]
this means a lot of hands like "you have QQ, but you can't possibly call this raise with that. oh wtf? you did?! [censored], you fish! how could you call that?! rebuy!"

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL!

Your lead bet and the turn check-raise painted the picture of a set very convincingly, I think, and if he's still with you it looks like he's staying. It nauseates me to do it but I check the river, he checks behind and shows down his damn AA/KK/QQ.

Kirk
Old 10-11-2005, 11:25 AM

would you push with the lowest possible flush but not a set? if your answer is yes do you see how this is faulty logic? they're basically the same.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:29 AM

yeah...leak. I don't know, I feel like villain really likes his hand, so a nice valuebet with a set should do, but the flush is like wtf, he just moved in? No way he hit that, he must be making a move...meh.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:13 PM

[ QUOTE ]
yeah...leak. I don't know, I feel like villain really likes his hand, so a nice valuebet with a set should do, but the flush is like wtf, he just moved in? No way he hit that, he must be making a move...meh.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um...if you just move in on the river with a flush, he might be like 'no way he possibly hit that flush' but he doesn't know your hand. He'll just put you on a set and fold. If you should value bet a set, you should value bet a flush. Doesn't matter if he can put you on the flush, he'll just put you on the set.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:19 PM

why not just check call the turn?
Old 10-11-2005, 04:43 PM

[ QUOTE ]
flush yes, set, i probably don't bet all in. Hmm.

[/ QUOTE ]set.
pretty obvious this guy has AA/KK and i dont see how he can call... if he does, oh well at least you might start getting getting some effing action in the game, but i think moving in in is the play here, metagame aside.
Old 10-11-2005, 11:02 PM

personally, in villain's spot i would often fold 22- however the problem is many villains wouldnt fold JJ here let alone AA (ACES WHEEEE!). That being said, i felt villain was decent- hence the turn c/r (so that I get paid if i hit, and so that i can bluff many rivers). I pushd, he folded- and i would push a set/flush here (or value bet them) some percentage of the time. This deep there is honestly no hand i COULDNT have on the river (except some hands i'd always fold preflop), although some of obviously way more likely than others.

What if the river was the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? I don't think i push then, but i'm not sure
Old 10-11-2005, 11:41 PM

[ QUOTE ]

What if the river was the J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]? I don't think i push then, but i'm not sure

[/ QUOTE ]id still push.
Old 10-12-2005, 12:44 AM

[ QUOTE ]
would you push with the lowest possible flush but not a set? if your answer is yes do you see how this is faulty logic? they're basically the same.

[/ QUOTE ]
They are SLIGHTLY different though, because VILLAIN now sees more hands that can beat him, right? Although I agree with you to a degree, and similar analysis is often overlooked.