Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Poker Beats, Brags, and Variance
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2005, 09:36 PM

Default Poker gods continue to kick me in the balls

The 3/6 full game on Party is pretty good. Most of these guys are idiots. Yet, I still lose. Why? Because the poker gods enjoy laughing at me while my queens get beaten on the river by a 3 outer, and whenever I get aces, everybody folds.

So far after 23,700 hands, I have made the princely sum of $166.94, for a winrate of 0.12 BB/100. Over this period I have paid over two thousand dollars in rake. I had won more money after 500 hands, which means that for the last 23k, I have been breakeven.

I have been beating 2/4 for 2.14BB over 22k hands (that's with a 10k breakeven session thrown in), so I assume I should be beating the 3/6 as well.

If anyone who has played me can see if I'm doing something wrong, I would appreciate it. My handle is LOL69.
Old 12-07-2005, 09:39 PM

Default Post deleted by Mat Sklansky

Old 12-07-2005, 09:54 PM

Default Re: Poker gods continue to kick me in the balls

Don't play QQ at 3/6...it always gets rivered.

-ZEN
Old 12-08-2005, 12:41 AM

[ QUOTE ]
The 3/6 full game on Party is pretty good. Most of these guys are idiots. Yet, I still lose. Why? Because the poker gods enjoy laughing at me while my queens get beaten on the river by a 3 outer, and whenever I get aces, everybody folds.

So far after 23,700 hands, I have made the princely sum of $166.94, for a winrate of 0.12 BB/100. Over this period I have paid over two thousand dollars in rake. I had won more money after 500 hands, which means that for the last 23k, I have been breakeven.

I have been beating 2/4 for 2.14BB over 22k hands (that's with a 10k breakeven session thrown in), so I assume I should be beating the 3/6 as well.

If anyone who has played me can see if I'm doing something wrong, I would appreciate it. My handle is LOL69.

[/ QUOTE ]

so, you are ocmplaining about not losing money?

jesus titty-[censored] christ.

peace

john nickle
Old 12-08-2005, 02:57 AM

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing stood out to me. I have you running at just shy of 4BB/100 over 1755 hands. Not a lot of hands, but most of the stats look pretty good to me. Only thing I noticed was that your aggression was very high. I know that I am a bit too passive, but you were at 2.74 total. I don't know what the high side of the normal range is, but I didn't think it was that high. Then again, maybe you just had good cards, resulting in an inflated AFTOT and high win rate. Also W$SD was about 60%. Only 104 showdowns, so it is impossible to say for sure whether that is normal for you. You should be able to tell by looking at your long term stats though. Your 25k+ hand stats will tell you a lot more than my 1700 hand stats.
Old 12-08-2005, 03:04 AM

72 is a strong hand at 3/6 not as much as 32 tho

play those more and pocket pairs less
Old 12-08-2005, 04:47 AM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nothing stood out to me. I have you running at just shy of 4BB/100 over 1755 hands. Not a lot of hands, but most of the stats look pretty good to me. Only thing I noticed was that your aggression was very high. I know that I am a bit too passive, but you were at 2.74 total. I don't know what the high side of the normal range is, but I didn't think it was that high. Then again, maybe you just had good cards, resulting in an inflated AFTOT and high win rate. Also W$SD was about 60%. Only 104 showdowns, so it is impossible to say for sure whether that is normal for you. You should be able to tell by looking at your long term stats though. Your 25k+ hand stats will tell you a lot more than my 1700 hand stats.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks man. My agg factor is actually 3.70 not including preflop, does that seem too high? I've also got 49.5% winning sessions, which seems to suggest I am running pretty bad - other limits are around 53%

Thanks again for adding something constructive to my lament
Old 12-08-2005, 05:09 AM

[ QUOTE ]
which means that for the last 23k, I have been a loser .

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 12-08-2005, 06:56 AM

oooh....

I dunno - that's pushing it into the maniac category, methinks...

there IS such a thing as being too aggressive - I know it's not stylish to admit - (sort of like admitting it's a good skill to drive home drunk without getting pulled over) - but I'd stop nurturing it and back off a bit - basically, you're probably pissing away too much profit from decent aggressive play with extra bets/bluffs/value bets, I would think.

RB
Old 12-08-2005, 08:22 AM

*cough* rakeback *cough*