Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Topics > Sporting Events
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2005, 09:09 PM

Default Vick and Falcons

I watched the game vs. the Packers closely today. Several things about the Falcons offense really bothered me.

It seems they try too many deep drop pass plays considering their offensive line does not pass protect very well. Vick could barely set up before being pressured by a very average Packer 4-man rush. Green Bay did not need to blitz much to get heat.

The Falcon WRs cannot get any seperation on quick routes. I suppose this may force them into my first observation. You would hope to be able to run some quick slants or outs, but these guys are a step below pedestrian and do not play the ball very strong.

Vick takes way too many hits. It is not just the number of hits he takes that is disturbing. He is often in very compromising positions when he gets hit. If he keeps taking shots like this he will not be same player 2-3 years from now.

This is the first Falcon game I have watched this year. Prior to this I assumed they were going to be the team to beat in the NFC. But they are clearly a step below Seattle and Carolina - and maybe even with the likes of Washington, Chicago, New York, and Chicago.