Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Gambling > Psychology
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2005, 05:14 PM

Default Re: useless LC post

[ QUOTE ]
3. Try to ween yourself off of drugs, like if you wake up one day and don't feel crappy, don't take a pill. But if you do it, do slowly, just try to break the habit of taking a pill everytime you feel a little bad. There's no need to shock yourself when you're feeling fragile, slow and steady. Disclaimer . . . I'm not a doctor but I've ventured into the drug world on a few occasions so I just speak from experience [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img].

[/ QUOTE ]

This is extremely dangerous advice. An individual who is Bipolar should not be advised to skip a medication dose, or worse, begin weaning himself off medication without a physician's input.

P.S. I will be editing out the above paragraph from your otherwise thoughtful post after I give those who've already read your post a chance to read my reply here.
Old 12-16-2005, 05:31 PM

Default Re: useless LC post

i'm not going to quit the lamictal

lamotrigine + cold turkey = grand mal, not to mention the mixed crying/laughing/screaming fits that will ensue

although i will attempt to stop using the adderall as a quick-fix [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

what limit/level do you play chesspain?

i know alot of general information about my meds and my condition and how it technically affects me (adderall + wikipedia = knowledge explosion)