Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > 2+2 Communities > Other Other Topics
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2005, 11:50 AM

Default Re: Making Pulled Pork

Try this for a side next time

Buffalo Mozzarella:

Slice some Sourdough Baguettes, hit them with a half spoon of buffalo wing sauce then a piece of fresh mozzarella. Season them with Creole, parsley, basil, pepper and kosher salt and toss them on the grill using indirect heat until the bread is nice and toasty and the mozzarella just starts to break into a melt.
Old 09-16-2005, 11:59 AM

Two pointers – don’t flip the butt over - rotate it for even heat, always leave the fat side up. Second – Don’t put the butt in a pan put it on the grill rack and put the pan under the rack to catch the grease
Old 09-16-2005, 12:18 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Try this for a side next time

Buffalo Mozzarella:

Slice some Sourdough Baguettes, hit them with a half spoon of buffalo wing sauce then a piece of fresh mozzarella. Season them with Creole, parsley, basil, pepper and kosher salt and toss them on the grill using indirect heat until the bread is nice and toasty and the mozzarella just starts to break into a melt.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is so happening next time I grill out. Sounds delish.
Old 09-17-2005, 05:10 PM

Just saw a cooking show called Everyday Food(I watch it for one of the hostesses more than anything), and they did a version of pulled pork in a slowcooker.

Won't have tha smokey goodness, but sounds very serviceable, and long-cooking; they recommend at least six hours. Should result in good tender meat. Their super-simple preparation was just to dump the pork in a couple cans of tomato sauce with some spices and walk away for six hours.

What it may lack in utter greatness it sounds like it makes up for in incredible ease and the near impossibility of screwing it up. I don't have a barbecue and it's actually against the law to barbecue outdoors in my city! So I think I'll try this sometime, the easy/lazy way, and see what happens.
Old 09-17-2005, 06:45 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Their super-simple preparation was just to dump the pork in a couple cans of tomato sauce with some spices and walk away for six hours.

[/ QUOTE ]

AAAARRRRGGGGGG!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]- Order out before you do this!!

(sorry)

What they are talking about is stewing.

Easier & better way. Buy a pork butt, sprinkle on some commercial BBQ rub, (every supermarket has some kind) spritz on a little liquid smoke & stick it fat side up on a roasting rack in a pan and stick it in the oven at 275 - 300 degrees until it falls apart. If you have a meat thermometer the roast is done at 195 degrees. Pull with forks and eat.

One thing to note – it’s almost impossible to overcook a pork butt in the oven/smoker/grill. Overcook it in a slow cooker or crock pot and it turns to mush.