Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2005, 12:47 PM

Default Re: Boring and standard?

[ QUOTE ]
Edit: And BTW why the hell don't you play higher? Your reasoning is way too good for 200NL.

[/ QUOTE ]
There are a lot of reasons why people play lower than the maximum level they could beat. For me, the reason is that I am seriously over-rolled for my games and I don't want to advance faster than my skills dictate so I decided to not put any more offline money into my online poker bankroll. So I only move up when I earn enough to move up. And the same job that makes me well bankrolled requires many hours of work so I don't have much time to play online poker. But the good news is that I will be moving up to the 400s at some point next week or so if all goes according to plan. Thanks for the kind words.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:51 PM

gl in moving up.....i'm dipping my feet there and aren't comfortable yet.

btw, i am dangerously close to switching to 6-max, i've had enough of 24%vpip tables.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:51 PM

That sucks; I'm probably moving up within the next couple weeks, too. I was hoping to not continue to share games with you.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:54 PM

well at least i won't be playing 6-max up there.........i allready play with enough trout. Last thing i need is you two to take my money.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:55 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping to not continue to share games with you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Funnily enough, I was thinking the same thing about you and wtfsvi. But you have no excuse: you clearly sat at a table already occupied by both me AND wtfsvi the other day. Nice game selection. Fish.
Old 09-02-2005, 12:56 PM

Regarding 6-max, you're going to have to switch if you want to continue moving up. There are fewer and fewer full ring games going at the 400/600/1000 levels every time I look. I'm not sure I prefer 6-max to full (still on the fence on that one) but you gotta go where the good games are (and with the limited table selection of full ring, I think that is undoubtably 6-max).
Old 09-02-2005, 12:57 PM

i know, but i'm nervous about switching my game up (although i don't know how much more effort will be required.) I'll probably try after the current bonuses on stars and party. BTW do you have any good 6-max adjustment threads in your favorites?
Old 09-02-2005, 12:57 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I was hoping to not continue to share games with you.

[/ QUOTE ]
Funnily enough, I was thinking the same thing about you and wtfsvi. But you have no excuse: you clearly sat at a table already occupied by both me AND wtfsvi the other day. Nice game selection. Fish.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have a massive ego and wtfsvi said you REQUESTED my presence. I left up $200 after 80 hands and, if I recall correctly, you ran screaming from the table the moment you finally won a decent pot. Scaredy-fish
Old 09-02-2005, 01:00 PM

[ QUOTE ]
i know, but i'm nervous about switching my game up (although i don't know how much more effort will be required.) I'll probably try after the current bonuses on stars and party. BTW do you have any good 6-max adjustment threads in your favorites?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't recall seeing any that particularly helped me. I also don't have any good advice to give. If you start out playing the same way you do at full ring (as if the first 4 people have folded), you will not be optimal, but you should be profitable. Then gradually get a little looser and a little more aggressive until you find what works. Good luck.
Old 09-02-2005, 01:04 PM

ty, i'll have someone to help me out when i switch to so i'll be fine. With y'alls move up to 400nl are going to mid-high? Also, what the hell kind of awesome lives do we have where we can all just post at noon?