Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 11:20 PM

Default value bet river?

Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

In hindsight I say yes, villan will probably call with any A, any PP higher than 6, weak Q, maybe even a K.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:26 PM

Default Re: value bet river?

He don't have a pp higher than JJ for sure and sure as hell dont have a J. Can he have a 6 scared of a J for a better full house? Nah. I bet the river and expect him to have like a busted flush draw or A high. Maybe even a PP lower than JJ as you said.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:28 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Party Poker 0.50/1 Hold'em (8 handed) FTR converter on zerodivide.cx

Preflop: Hero is Button with Q[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img], K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img].
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, CO calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, SB calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, CO calls.

Flop: (7 SB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], J[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB folds, CO calls.

Turn: (4.50 BB) J[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.50 BB) 6[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
CO checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 6.50 BB

In hindsight I say yes, villan will probably call with any A, any PP higher than 6, weak Q, maybe even a K.

[/ QUOTE ]

Easy Yes....Thread Done
Based on those hands then you win so why give it to him free.
You seem to be scared that he is going to call. You've got the best hand here 90%+ of the time

If I had more posts and were more experienced I would point out there are numerous posts just like this that could be utilized to develop your strategy. I would encourage that you respond to those vs. posting this. However, since I don't have a lot of posts myself I wont do that.

Good luck in your search for answers
Old 11-29-2005, 12:02 AM

yes, the 6 on the river really doesnt do anything, the pair of jacks negates them in imo
Old 11-29-2005, 12:33 AM

Without reading your post, and having just read the title, I'm going to answer yes.

Now to see if I'm right.

Edit: Upon reading your post, the answer is still yes. This is somewhat closer than many posts that have this question in the title, but it's still a pretty clear value bet.
Old 11-29-2005, 12:44 AM

Default Thanks for the feedback all.

Yah I was kicking myself for being too weak and missing a bet after I took it down. I thought I'd post it just in case I was missing something that would've made the check correct.

Thanks for the feedback everyone.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:40 AM

Default Re: Thanks for the feedback all.

when in doubt, bet the river
Old 11-29-2005, 08:44 AM

Default Re: Thanks for the feedback all.

very easy value bet
Old 11-29-2005, 03:45 PM

El Grunch

Yes, bet the river.