Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-19-2005, 04:48 PM

Default Re: Result

[ QUOTE ]
Thx for all the answeres and i like the 3-bet suggestion on the flop but checkraise the turn im no fan of...

well i did loose this hand. He flipped over the A [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] for 2 pairs. i had him dominated but hey sometimes poker sux [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the forum. One thing I want to draw to your attention is to not post the results while there is a discussion still taking place.
Old 04-19-2005, 04:52 PM

thx and oops i didnt think of that but u learn as long as u live. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 04-19-2005, 04:56 PM

Default Re: My first post

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Do you have a read on the Button?

I would 3-bet the flop. If I did call like you did, I would checkraise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why checkraise the turn here rather than call down? It's costing the same amount of money, and will often fold out worse hands.

[/ QUOTE ]
I said this before he gave a read on the player as tight.

However, against a typical donk at 3/6 who cold-called your raise pre-flop, is it a big error to check-raise this turn heads up if I think I have the best hand and he'll pay off with worse aces?
Old 04-19-2005, 04:59 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Why do you have to show this down?

[/ QUOTE ]

Because we have TPQK against an unknown.

[ QUOTE ]
If he has A-K you were buried the whole way

[/ QUOTE ]
Obviously, but we don't KNOW that. Retards at 3/6 do this with AT-Axs ALL THE TIME. How does c/r'ing the turn help us here? We put in 2 bb's. Calling down costs us the same, AND lets us table our hand, which may very well be good or ocassionally chopping.

[ QUOTE ]
I would call one bet if he capped looking for a Q on the turn, but if he bet again I think a good player finds a fold here.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is bad. If you are convinced you need a Q to take the lead, this is a fold as you are not getting
odds to draw to a Q.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:02 PM

I three-bet the flop and lead the turn...and call down from there if raised (vs. an UK)
Old 04-19-2005, 05:04 PM

[ QUOTE ]

This is bad. If you are convinced you need a Q to take the lead, this is a fold as you are not getting
odds to draw to a Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. 3-betting a flop and folding to a cap is pretty bad for your image. If I took this line I'd call a cap and fold the turn UI. As it is, in this hand, I'd fold to the turn raise, because against an unknown, my default theory is that turn raises can usually beat one pair. At worst this is AK.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:08 PM

[ QUOTE ]

well i did loose this hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

Welcome to the forum, and you should note (for your English-learning skills) that the word "loose" means the opposite of tight, and it's how we describe players who play too many hands and call down too ofen when they are almost surely beaten. It's good to play against loose opponents.

What you mean to say is "lose," which is the opposite of win, which means you don't get the pot.

Don't feel bad -- many Americans for whom English is their first language (and many of whom claim to have legitimate University degrees) make this mistake as well.

(cf. Luv2DriveTT)
Old 04-19-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
I three-bet the flop and lead the turn...and call down from there if raised (vs. an UK)

[/ QUOTE ]
Old 04-19-2005, 05:14 PM

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

odds to draw to a Q.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't think so. 3-betting a flop and folding to a cap is pretty bad for your image. If I took this line I'd call a cap and fold the turn UI. As it is, in this hand, I'd fold to the turn raise, because against an unknown, my default theory is that turn raises can usually beat one pair. At worst this is AK.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree it is bad for image to fold to the cap. But I think it is wrong to call purely to draw to the Q, as the odds aren't there.
Old 04-19-2005, 05:23 PM

hehe thx this is a perfekt exampel of my poor english, i hope i learn more soon so i don enoje u guys to mutch.. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]