Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > General Poker Discussion > Televised Poker
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2005, 02:52 PM

Default Re: Greenstein on Moneymaker and Pokersuperstars

[ QUOTE ]

Hellmuth isn't. At least that's what he would tell you.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hellmuth calls then cusses up a storm about him calling the flop bet with 2 outs.
Old 09-14-2005, 04:02 PM

Money was lucky that Chan had a hankering for dinner.
Old 09-14-2005, 05:06 PM

[ QUOTE ]

crazyplayer: I refused to watch superstars after the first episode after Konik's result oriented comments

[/ QUOTE ]

didn't read the whole thread: but this comment coincides with his audio commentary (I think it was WCOOP #7) when he was asked about how much he watches TV poker.
He said he hardly ever watches it and I think he added that it kind of bores him.
Said it was fun at first to watch himself...and that he was looking forward to watching his son in the WSOP episodes (which aired last night) but otherwise he doesn't really care for it too much.

So it isn't JUST Konik's commentary that turns him off...but most of televised poker in general he seems to not be too keen on (and one can hardly blame him of course).

The play-by-play guy pointed out that guys like Negreneau say they watch the stuff ALL the time as a studying tool. Tells and stuff like that I guess.
Barry added that Negreneau mostly plays the tournaments almost exclusively...whereas Barry himself doesn't do that.
And also something about Negreneau being young so is hungry to learn (or something like that). I think Barry said that if he HIMSELF was a bit younger and also ONLY played tournaments he would watch the televised stuff more seriously.

I may have misrepresented some of what he said (he said it at about 3 or 4am afterall) but that's the best I can remember it.

As I indicated in previous threads....the combination of Barry's little Q&A in the chat-box in some of these events as well as his audio-commentary (unfortunately a bit late for most...but I stayed up for it) was really terrific.
Some great insights I thought.
Old 09-14-2005, 06:19 PM

HA. AGREED.
Old 09-14-2005, 07:40 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Anyone else find it hilarious that Greenstein would call himself "crazyplayer" when playing online.

Almost as fun as when spotty 18 year old guys call themself "Bigdaddy69".

[/ QUOTE ]

I was watching this table and the chat the OP mentioned. Barry said on chat his screen name is "crazyplayer" because he set up the account for Mimi Tran.

Greg H.