Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2004, 04:37 AM

Default 2-4 prima hand

Hi! this is my first post here so be nice to me!
2-4 NL at prima. villan has 240$ in front of him. i got him covered. i have no read on him.

i am in sb with [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]8 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]9
3 limpers to me including villan in MP. i call. BB checks

Flop [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]7 [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]2 [img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img]10

checked to villan, he bets 8$ i call. rest of the field folds

Turn: [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]6

i check. villan bets 20$. i make it 60$, he quickly calls

River: [img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img]Q

i bet 60$ he thinks for a long time and then moves allin. 107$ to me to call. i fold

didnt like the river of course, when he quickly called my turnraise i put him on a flushdraw(?) what do u think about my riverplay? is his stack to small that its not worth for me making a blockingbet?

any thoughts would be appreciated!
Old 12-05-2004, 08:32 AM

Default Re: 2-4 prima hand

i think you can fold safely here. reason is he is certainly not likely to be bluffing here (unless he is a known solid and very tricky opponent) and he is not likely to be representing a bigger hand than he actually have. You checkraised the turn which marked you with a straight or at least a fairly big made hand. Whats more is that his quick turn call points toward the fact that he is drawing so when the flush hits and he shows you he isnt afraid of it at all a warning bell should go off.