Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Other Poker > Stud
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-05-2005, 06:15 AM

Default Geez (no content)

I was fish food tonight. I lost 75 BB playing 3/6 stud high on party. People were calling me down with ace high or no real draw (read inside str8 with 2 cards dead) and then catching 6th street and/or the river. And 4 flush on 4th street didn't get there once out of the 5 times I had it. Just venting a little bit, was very frusterating.
Old 09-05-2005, 06:24 AM

Default Re: Geez (no content)

that's why they say poker is a hard way of making an easy living. When you're hitting cards, life is great. When your monsters are getting outdrawn, it really, really sucks. What seperates a good poker player from a bad one is not how smart a person is, but how capable that player is at handling downswings.
Old 09-05-2005, 11:30 AM

Join the club [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] 250 BB downswing ATM over last two days, and it came at the worst time as I was just about to move up levels. Oh well.
Old 09-05-2005, 02:04 PM

Ray Zee mentions that he usually stops after a loss of 50 BB in a single session. This has been a good rule for me to avoid big losses. This gives you the chance to evaluate if you truly have "the best of it."
Old 09-05-2005, 06:37 PM

I feel I was still making good decisions so I don't think I should have quit at any point. I never let the losses stop me from being aggressive when I figured to have the best of it either. Thanks for the advice.
Old 09-06-2005, 05:52 PM

That's a huge loss at any level. The first thing you lose when things are going bad is the ability to judge the quality of your decisions. Bad decisions naturally follow.
Old 09-06-2005, 06:42 PM

I insta-tilt sometimes. By that I mean that I tilt for 1 hand after a bad beat and then its over. I don't do it every time. Actually, I don't do it unless its a string of bad beats, and even then its over after one hand.