Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Mid-, High-Stakes Pot- and No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2004, 09:22 PM

Default $5/$10 blinds PLO at the WSOP

Went out to the WSOP for a few days, but when I got there I realized that playing limit holdem live is pointless for me compared to online, so I found other fun things to play. One was PLO. I thought the game was pretty soft, but it's certainly not my specialty. Or even something I think I'm really good at. At the point this hand takes place my image is very tight, and a couple of Texans have been pointing that out a lot so I think everyone at the table knows
I've been folding a lot. I have about $700 on the table, everyone in this hand has me covered (feel free to tell me I have too little money, I bought in relatively small to try out the game).

I get A [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]K [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]Q [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]J [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] in late middle position. Two limpers to me, one loose and one average. I pot it, $60 to go. Player to my left calls. He is pretty loose and very aggressive. Small blind and both limpers call. Texan says something about "look out, the nerd is raising". $310 in pot.

Flop is K [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]T [img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]3 [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img]. This seems good. Checked to me and I bet $300. Mistake? Only the player to my left calls. $910 in pot.

Turn is J [img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img], so I have the nut straight, two flush redraws (only 1 to the nuts but the other does have one nut out in the straight flush assuming the other guy has Ad), and top 2 pair. I bet the last of my money all in, about $350. But I considered checking, hoping that my aggressive opponent would think my tight ass is bluffable. The free card can't be THAT bad here right? Especially since agressive opponent must have SOMETHING to call the flop, and I have little enough money that the few draws that scare me probably will call me anyway. Is this thinking crazy? Should I have bet or checked?

PS crossposting to Other Games forum, I see PLO posts on both and am never sure where I should post.