Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > PL/NL Texas Hold'em > Small Stakes Pot-, No-Limit Hold'em
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2005, 04:43 AM

Default 100NL at Hollywood Park, AK preflop

So I'm sitting at the table with about $350 dollars in my stack, on the button. There are a few limpers, and I immediately raise to $20. The blinds are 2/3.

Almost immediately the small blind pushes in his whole stack, about $150 give or take a few. Everyone folds to me. Including my $20 there is maybe $200 in the pot. I need to call $130. I did not ask for an exact count as it was a friendly game and I didn't want to slow it down or frustrate anyone.

I sit back and consider his hand. Earlier in the game he made a big semi bluff on the turn with a straight draw, missed and bluffed on the river to bet the guy out. On another hand he bet stiffly into two opponents when his underpair got overcards on the flop. When he raises preflop, he usually raises large, where he will only get one caller.

Due to these factors, and the fact that most players at this level will rather smoothcall or min-raise AA or KK, I put him on a small pair most likely. Of course there is always that chance I am wrong.

If he has any small pair, it's a race. I plan to leave the table in an hour or so. Is there any point in calling this all-in on a very probable coin-flip? Especially for so much money?

I don't know, but this hand has been bothering me.
Old 11-18-2005, 04:45 AM

Default Re: 100NL at Hollywood Park, AK preflop

is there any possibility of a hand like AJ or AQ?
Old 11-18-2005, 05:03 AM

Default Re: 100NL at Hollywood Park, AK preflop

Yes, I forgot, there is a possibility for that hand as well, but I don't think it's as likely because, so far, his usual course of action has been to just call a raise instead of re-raising it.