Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Limit Texas Hold'em > Micro-Limits
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2005, 05:11 PM

Default Re: Complete maniac on Party (no content)

I have seen someone playing like this once as well. Would bet/raise every hand, never checked or called, the only exception was on the river when I guess he knew for 100% he was beaten.

He managed to stay pretty even for awhile but inevitably took some big losses.
Old 06-22-2005, 01:07 AM

this is too fun, the players are horrid, cold call 3bets with 27o, flop nothing, catch running 7's to take the pot

sadly i couldn't catch much, and lost a little before giving up, to go play some 2/4 which i've really put off this month
Old 06-22-2005, 09:02 AM

You are correct. Mercantides was indeed a merchant, probably the son of one as well.
Old 06-22-2005, 03:27 PM

Ran into someone doing this on PP the other day. She got caught in the cookie jar on the 2nd or 3rd hand when someone called her all the way down to the river and she had to show her unimproved Q5o. Nonetheless, she kept doing it and showing a profit for another orbit. I figured the best strategy was to call her preflop w/ any halfway decent hand, then raise and reraise like crazy if I connected on the flop, but fold if I didn't. First time I missed the flop completely and folded right away. Next time, with K9s, flop came 932. She bets, I raise, she reraises, I cap. K on the turn, which she probably thought was a scare card. Sorry lady! Betting capped again. She bets on the river, I raise, and with nearly 20BB in the pot, she folds rather than paying one more bet. She must have really had nothing! She left the table after that hand, still showing a small profit (but not from me!). The rest of the table was very happy to see her leave.