Two Plus Two Older Archives  

Go Back   Two Plus Two Older Archives > Tournament Poker > Multi-table Tournaments
FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-06-2005, 04:38 PM

Default Re: Update

31st: David Cassia ($5,065)
Old 06-06-2005, 06:44 PM

Out, all in with AQs versus AT and lost the "coin flip", damm, this profession is hard, more later after I recover [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2005, 06:54 PM

[ QUOTE ]
Out, all in with AQs versus AT and lost the "coin flip", damm, this profession is hard, more later after I recover [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sirio,
Hell of a run, as Hellmuth said if talent was the only factor I'd win 'em all. You are a great player and showed it there, 'grats again and good luck in the other events you will be playing... that is, until I beat you on the final table of the Main Event [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
~Justin
Old 06-06-2005, 06:58 PM

Congrats on the great finish. It is probably harder getting that close to the bracelet and busting out; however, it is a testament to your skill.
Old 06-06-2005, 07:35 PM

I have to publicly thank CSC, because he was over there when I was knocked out and have to deal with me the next hour or so. Thanks CSC.
Old 06-06-2005, 08:02 PM

Default Re: *Official* WSOP Event #4 $1500 LH

Good Work!, Good luck 2+2ers in all other events!
Old 06-06-2005, 08:31 PM

nice finish man, great work. good luck everyone else

-Tom
Old 06-06-2005, 08:39 PM

i dont know you apart from your posts and the occasional MTT but great job man. Nothing to scoff at. Got your money in with the best of it, cant ask for anything else.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:04 PM

good run sirio
Old 06-06-2005, 11:44 PM

Default My last hand and the circunstances around it

Thanks guys, I'll post some hands I played during the tourney. Lets start with the last one.

Last night after losing 2 pots I was down to 12k with blinds 1-2k and just 2 mins left in the clock to play for the night, 33 players left in the tourney, in MP I was dealt A8d, I decided to raise since everybody was ready to leave. Nobody calls and I picked up the blinds. Stack now is 15k, and I'll be in the BB+3 to start the next day with blinds 2-3k. There were 8 players at the table and I have a pretty good idea about how they play. So I went to bed trying to have an specific plan for next day, I don't have too many options, basically, I should decide to do something in the next 3 hands, or I could wait and take the blinds (5k) and wait another round with a 10k stack. There were about 3 maybe 4 of the other 7 players at the table who would play with me with a reasonable hand, specially with my stack. The next 3 hands the BB will be Christian Van Hees (Bracelet winner in 1995), Todd Witteles and Roy Cooke (Card player writer). My thoughts were my best shot was with Roy Cooke, since he was folding a little more. Christian and Todd are calling me with any non-garbage big blind hand and Todd is betting the flop no matter what, with Cristian there was some chance, not great, but some, he check it throught the river. Of course nobody in the table was folding if they hit any pair or draw in the flop. I think I had a good image in the table as a solid player who plays not too many hands, but plays them agressivly (basically everybody was playing really solid at this point, not being involved in too many pots), so they know if they play it would be for 15k of their stack. Problem is, they could afford to lose the 15k. Given all these factors, my plan was, I need a hand vs Christian and Todd BB, I need a semidecent hand vs Roy, but mostly I need a hand since most of the players in the table could call easily the 6k raise with a decent hand. So I could afford to lose the 5k and wait 1 more round if neccesary. After my blinds my best shot was in Peter's Campo BB.
So, play started and my first hand is 73o and i fold, Michael Ma raises and Jason S calls and they play a big pot. Next hand Q3o, I fold. UTG in Roy's Cooke blind I have K5s and almost raise, but decided to fold, Jason S raises behind, everybody folds and he shows AK. Now, the blinds, BB I have 94o, somebody raises and I fold, LB I have 75h, not bad, but somebody raises and I fold and I was left with 10k. In the button I have KTs, great!, but Peter Campo who have been playing relavively tight, raises UTG to 6k, so I think for a moment and decided to fold. I have 5 more hands, the next 4 were trash, I'm under the gun and if I see a face card I'm raising without looking at the 2nd card, so I looked more confident. My 1st card is the Qs, and thats it, I made the movement like I was looking at my 2nd card, but I place again the Qs in the front, and I raised to 6k, Michael Ma decided to reraise to 9k, at this point I decided to look again at my hand, and I was very pleased to discover the As. Roy Cooke, thinks and thinks in the big blind, and he finally folds. I don't want to see a pair in MM hand, he shows ATh and I feel great, I even give the thumbs up to CSC who is in the rail observing the action like 2 tables away. All that until the flop came AT3 with 1 spade, damm, 6s in the turn to give me a little hope, spade or Q in the river, but no help in the river, lost the 25k pot and my journey in this tourney is over. It's hard at any tournament, it's hard specially at the WSOP, when you dream about that bracelet. My first cash in the WSOP this year, my 3rd overall, went 2 for 6 last year and 1 for 3 this year so far. Dissapointed but hungry, I have some doubts about playing the $2000 limit event, now the doubts are gone, 2 of my 3 cashes have been in limit in the WSOP, and my biggest cash in non-internet tourneys is a 2nd for 35k in a limit event in the Orleans Open.
I won about 5k for the 31st place and now I'm a $500 winner for the week [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]. This allows me to play at least 2 more events than the previously scheduled.

Next: A hand with Carlos Mortensen.